Unreal Tournament 2007 Media

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

slime73

May 1, 2006
I think Epic said that they would be putting the nades back in the RL, so it could be nades.

IllusionS

Apr 15, 2006
does anyone else think the rockets look gay?

The vehicles look cool, as well as the hoverboards, but i really dont care about them...im still questioning the actual gameplay effect of hoverboards...we'll see though

Nemephosis

Earning my Infrequent Flier miles
Aug 10, 2000
All it looks like is UT2004 with more polygons. Hardly worth upgrading my computer for. They had this huge gametype, and then turned it into Onslaught the Second. They're bringing back Face, Deck, Torlan, and apparently now most of the vehicles. Where's the incentive?

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Nemephosis said:
All it looks like is UT2004 with more polygons. Hardly worth upgrading my computer for. They had this huge gametype, and then turned it into Onslaught the Second. They're bringing back Face, Deck, Torlan, and apparently now most of the vehicles. Where's the incentive?

Um, they were always bringing back the vehicles in UT2004. The incentive is new gameplay, it's pretty obvious.

IllusionS

Apr 15, 2006
it's not just the polygons, it's the lighting and normal mapping, UT has never even had bump mapping...now it will have normal mapping and HDR lighting, even if it does suck..it still looks awesome. :p

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
BeerGut said:
Um, they were always bringing back the vehicles in UT2004. The incentive is new gameplay, it's pretty obvious.
:lol:

What new gameplay? It's the same DM, CTF etc. etc. we've had since 1999 now. Even Onslaught is just Onslaught on bigger maps.

Nemephosis

Aug 10, 2000
Yes, great first post. You are destined to be a shining beacon of glorious light on this forum, indeed.

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Nem, who's to say it won't play different? It should be a combination of UT2004 and UT, and Epic has never failed to add new stuff. New maps, new engine, new sound, new whatever. That's why you buy a sequel to a game that you like.

Caravaggio

Custom User Text goes here.
Oct 2, 2002
US
Visit site
Do love me some gibs.
Looking at these more I'm kind of glad there were mistakes with ut2003, and some with 4, now they have a clearer idea of what works through trial and error. At least with gameplay, some of the gametypes seem a little too homogenized still.

And I know it won't happen, but if you can kill people with the legs of the walker and collect impaled bodies on them as you stomp around the map, I'll probably give up human companionship altogether.

It also doesn't bother me if there's even an iota of truth to worries about gloss over gameplay, even that will just serve to attract that many more mod makers.

Nemephosis said:
:lol:

What new gameplay? It's the same DM, CTF etc. etc. we've had since 1999 now. Even Onslaught is just Onslaught on bigger maps.
Well why stop at ut99, why aren't you still playing quake? It had ctf and dm and a lot of the same weapons. I mean, the million more polys we have here won't change things... ...right?