Unreal Tournament 2007 Media

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Retodon8

Sheep happens!
Jan 21, 2004
Netherlands
retodon8.net
4 different Levi turrets indeed...
Maybe Epic is adding new weapon combos that need cooperation from multiple gunners.

The Selket model is just the UC2 model for scale, or so it seems, but I'm sure some similar Nakhti will show up.

As for War of the Worlds... there is only so many ways you can create a tripod, so of course they are similar.
Maybe the film adaption helped, but I'm curious how many won't know of the story and just shout "Half-Life Strider" instead.
They could've gone for a quad-type instead, but 3 legs has "something", and more just doesn't work.

Something only semi-related, a few weeks ago I noticed "NanoBlack" is actually a trademarked name.
http://www.columbianchemicals.com/Markets_Applications/NanoMaterials/NanoCarbon.htm
That could mean legal problems... :S

Edit: People posted before me now...
TraCK, count those Strider legs again: http://www.planethalflife.com/half-life2/enemies/
That 4th thing is a light post.
Also these legs are more tentacle like, probably really sturdy material, so I can't see one of those things topple from a few pathetic rockets.
Also what's with calling Epic idiots???

Last edited:

Quaglax

May the funk be with you...
Apr 25, 2006
ATL
TraCK said:
I'm not really liking what I'm seeing here...
Ok I think I'll just put a couple rockets into one of legs of the darkwalker and expect it to fall over. Put another leg on that thing you dumbfacks. Even the striders from HL2 had 4 legs. WTF idiots.

This is bullcrap. They better be working hard on tweaking the DM also. If not I might have to go pro in Topspin 2 or something.

I did like the new Egyptian characters shown in those screens, one of them will probably be my skin of choice.

Yeah....what he said ^^ Striders have 3 legs buddy....get your facts straight before you start spouting off bull****. I'm sure it wont be as easy as "putting a couple rockets into the leg" of the Walker to take it down. I'm also quite sure they are working extremely hard on getting the DM feel JUST right and balanced to perfection so chill man....you would know this if you had been keeping up with interviews and such. :rolleyes: And your calling yourself a "pro"? Psshhh.....

Last edited:

hal

Dictator
Staff member
Nov 24, 1998
------->
www.beyondunreal.com
Quaglax said:
Yeah....what he said ^^ Striders have 3 legs buddy....get your facts straight before you start spouting off bull****. I'm sure it wont be as easy as "putting a couple rockets into the leg" of the Walker to take it down. I'm also quite sure they are working extremely hard on getting the DM feel JUST right and balanced to perfection so chill man....you would know this if you had been keeping up with interviews and such. :rolleyes: And your calling yourself a "pro"? Psshhh.....

Easy, guy. Obviously TraCK missed a few lines of the interviews that have been out there and maybe a leg on a Strider, but you don't have to be so hostile. Point it out and move along.

Quaglax

May the funk be with you...
Apr 25, 2006
ATL
hal said:
Easy, guy. Obviously TraCK missed a few lines of the interviews that have been out there and maybe a leg on a Strider, but you don't have to be so hostile. Point it out and move along.

I did point it out and I'am moving along. It was one post :lol: But back to topic....

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Is it me or has the polygon count gone down? Maybe I'm just used to seeing Malcolm in everything.

Yoshiro

Jul 22, 2003
Visit site
And why Epic is one of my favorite companies:

GN: Will there be any crazier maps like the Convoy Assault map in 2004?

Jeff Morris: Oh yeah, we also like the idea of map hazards that can be triggered to kill other players. Low-grave Instagib is about as crazy as it gets. That's something that Unreal Engine 3 really allows our designers to do is go off and come up with a crazy idea and try it out using the visual scripting language Kismet. Afterall there's no better way to find out whether your crazy idea will work and be fun than giving it a play test. Of course, we have to make sure the designers are on task as well because the power of Kismet allows them to come up with some really crazy ideas. We don't want them coming to us with a recreation of Breakout using vehicles.

Mark Rein: Wow, that would be really cool.

Jeff Morris: [Laughs] I know, it's a true story.

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
Yoshiro said:
Jeff Morris:.....Low-grav Instagib is about as crazy as it gets.....
I guess he must know that's something we've been playing since UT right? It hardly qualifies as "crazy".

The new Levi. looks awesome. I dig the flat rockets as well. Very cute.

Hopefully the game will actually be good this time, as opposed to a pretty tech. demo.

Israphel

Sim senhor, efeitos especial
Sep 26, 2004
Lisboa,Portugal
Already posted about the pics in the thread about this in the 2k7 forum...the vehicles look sweet....and from those pictures we can get an idea of the perspective of the game. The characters look BIG. Proper sized people, not characters that disappear into stickmen when they get are just a few paces away.

What is that vehicle shooting at the hoverboarders? It's not the Raptor or the Cicada? Flying necris vehicle perhaps?

The article has a lot of interesting stuff, notably what he says about nerfing the jumping. It seems they are being much more nerfed than we thought....it seems to be hinted that even the wall jump won't be there...although you could interpret what he says in a number of ways...like it won't be in the PS3 version or something.

But does the rolling of ONS into Conquest/Warfaremean there are only going to be the 3 gametypes - (T)DM, CTF and ONS 2.0 ?
I personally think this might be a good thing.

Last edited:

DeathBooger

Malcolm's Sugar Daddy
Sep 16, 2004
Israphel said:
What is that vehicle shooting at the hoverboarders? It's not the Raptor or the Cicada? Flying necris vehicle perhaps?

It's a Cicada, you can see the turret underneath, it's just at a weird angle.

Entr0p1cLqd

May 25, 2004
Israphel said:
....But does the rolling of ONS into Conquest/Warfaremean there are only going to be the 3 gametypes - (T)DM, CTF and ONS 2.0 ?
I personally think this might be a good thing.
That's the way I interpreted it, but since it's not confirmed I didn't both to comment.

I think they've wimped out of the original warfare concept because either the technology isn't there yet to do it, or, they couldn't make it hang together as an MP game that you can just "pick up and play".

CyMek

Dead but not gone.
Jan 4, 2004
cymek.deviantart.com
WTH, all the new images are 404. :mad:

From the few images that I can see posted in this forum and from zooming their thumbnails in firefox, a lot of stuff looks good, but the interview seems to tell a different story. It seems that most questions were answered with "We're not sure yet." I don't like the sound of that, there's going to have to be a lot of deciding going on soon. Either that, or Epic was less than candid.

placebo

Mar 27, 2005
It looks really damned polished. Really atmospheric as well; the one with the manta and the two trailing hoverboarders is like ONS-Severance plus really pretty grass.

I hope the Darkwalker will be able to accomplish some of the movements the footsoldiers can, imagine if it was able to jump or crouch to avoid rockets, like the Striders do in Half-Life 2.

Wonder what the movement speed of those things is like. I think they're a Goliath equivalent, really, so tank-speed might be right on.