1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal Tournament 2004 Distribution Info

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by hal, Feb 24, 2004.

1. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Gangrel, Atari Producer, made a post in the Atari forums (of all places) explaining about the limited quantities of the DVD/SE version.

Hey everyone, I dropped in so I can help to end the confusion. So with no further ado, here's the situation. Currently there are going to be 3 versions of the game available (more or less), please let me explain.

1) 6CD version (main version for North America, rest of the world, Asia, and some parts of Europe)
    2) DVD (Main version for Europe, Germany will be DVD only, not North America)
    3) DVD Special Edition (w/bonus DVD and a headset, this should be available pretty much everywhere but in LIMITED QUANTITIES. I cannot discuss the amount we are creating so please don't ask)

I hope that clears thing up.

Also, we aren't kidding about the limited quantities, it's a special thing we put together for you folks, the hardcore Unreal fans. To ensure you get a Special Edition version, I would suggest that you pre-order at your local retailer, you know you are going to buy it, so might as well pre-order.

So to squash the confusion, there are 3 versions (6CD, DVD, and DVD SE), all 3 may or may not be available where you live, because that depends on where you live and your local retailers not Atari. And finally, Special Edition is ONLY available on PC-DVD in limited quatities.

Oh yeah, and DVD-SE is indeed in a big bad metal sleeve thingee, like Raffi said. The CD version however, has this really sweet printed cardboard thingee for your discs (with artwork and stuff, you'll see, plus a special tray for the Play disc). All the packing materials are TOP NOTCH this time.

2. Ulukai

Ulukai New Member

Yay for a DVD edition.

LOL at the SE DVD for people with more money than sense

3. Devastator

Devastator What are YOU looking at?

Thanks for the info Hal :tup:

4. Beelzebud (Satanas)

Beelzebud (Satanas) New Member

Any word on if they're going to honor thier promise of a rebate for UT2k3 owners?

I've noticed everyone stopped talking about that.

5. hal

Yes, every time they've been questioned about the rebate they have responded with an answer that affirms the promised rebate.

6. MachDelta

MachDelta Haphazard Nobody

Yeah, considering most retailers are offering the SE for the same price as the regular.

;)

7. BoboThePenguin

BoboThePenguin Bird. Bird. Bird. Bird is the word.

And that it comes with an awesome headset, and tutorials on mapping (which I wanna get into ;))

8. W0RF

W0RF BuF Greeter, News Bagger

THIS IS BULLCRAP!!! I WANT MY SIX FLIMSY PAPER SLEEVES!!!!!!!!! :rant:

;)

9. sweeny

sweeny stick that in you phife and smoke it!!!

funny...i live in the UK and I carnt seem to preorder it from anywhere :( but dam it I WILL get my copy no matter how much it costs :mad:

10. hal

A special set of Unreal Tournament 200x CD sleeves just for you Worf:

1) Ctrl+P
    2) Select 6 copies
    3) Fold

:lol:

11. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

they have kinda just said that the "SE" version we are all preorderimng is ONLY THE DVD version! :( WTF????

Why didn't they give exact pricing? That really didn't help at all.

12. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Deliberatly loosing money seems to be high on TwAtari's list of priorities...

Because that'd require intelligence. Not something the morons at Atari are known for.

I was planning on getting the SE version, but as it's impossible to buy, I'm stuck with the standard DVD version.

13. sweeny

sweeny stick that in you phife and smoke it!!!

thats how i feel selerox but where thers a will thers a way...probebly flying to america and breaking into walmart or sumthing

14. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

Why is there no mention of the apparently included window sticker?

15. DarK_AssassiN

DarK_AssassiN ≡DarK_AssassiN≡

I got my SE version (pre-ordered) :lol: . Didn't know about the limited quantity though :rolleyes: Good thing I got it when I did. :D

16. Revrant

Revrant Flak Monkey

woa wtf, DVD version in Europe only?...

17. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Are you sure? I have a sinking feeling telling me that the SE that EBgames has for pre-order is in actuality only the DVD version of the 6CDs and nothing more. That would explain the identical pricing of it and the regular version.

18. BoboThePenguin

BoboThePenguin Bird. Bird. Bird. Bird is the word.

If you can't get the SE from EB where on the net can you preorder the US SE version?!

19. funkblast

funkblast I posted in the RO-me thread
    and all I got was
    a pink username!

Thats from the Eb games website it self and looking at the info that hal posted it looks like only the SE DVD edtion is coming with the headset so I think (and hope) that its the DVD SE they're selling.

20. psh1ft

psh1ft Guest

uhm'kay... so i'll need to buy a DVD player to go with ut2k4 (as i live in Europe)..? what autism-stricken, cock-sucking smacktard thought that one up?

guess i'll have to download the game illegally just to play it...

dicks...