Unreal: The Unfinished Features List

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

WildfireX

Mar 10, 2001
Visit site
So many unfinished parts of Unreal have been discovered, that I have decided to start a topic dedicated to compiling them all, hopefully so an experienced programmer like, say, Smirftsch, can incorporate them into his Unreal patches in the future. The current list is:
The Squid
The QuadShot
The Cannon
The NaliPlayer
Real-time shadows
A large amount of unfinished levels(may involve contacting Epic)
A hint system
"Story" boxes
Weapon-based death messages
Automag twirl animation
Sub-standard non-Glide renderers(a DirectX 8 renderer would be a good addition)
A large amount of unused menu text, and possibly a different menu(from the existing UT and Quake-style menus)

Post your own discoveries/whatever here.

Big giB

Keep out of reach of children.
Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
Yeah, these sorta things make me so damn curious! Just like that secret island on the Dam level in Goldeneye64. Incase you don't know bout it, go to the DAM area with the sniper rifle, go to oneof the towers, preferaboly the middle one and zoom across the resevoir. You'll see a fade but visible island there, complete with a tower. It's quite spooky :D Anyway, mind giving me the details bout these sorta things?

Big giB

Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
Easy, go to a map with water in it, go into the water and type in "summon unreali.squid" Oh yes, the ice and fire slith. Those would suck. But I guess it could make sense. a Green toxic slith, a blue cold slith and a red hot sith. Now all we need is the flying slith and we would have the whole elemental package :D OH ****!

tobler1

Aug 27, 2001
London, UK
www.geocities.com
most definatly saw squid in a user-made level, with ink flowing out and everything, and in the original CMS (crescent moon squad) had the sliths, I thought that the CMS team had just done a new skin, and changed the output for the weapons, but it would make sense that they implemented these things....

Warm Pudgy

null
Feb 18, 2001
ya i saw the squid in shanes unfinished nali castle

i got a question though
how do you bind a key to open up a txt file?
so that when you open it it will give all these other commands to bind other keys to do something
ive seen it done b4

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Actually the Crescent Moon squad did just implement a red slith.

There are no vestiges of FireSlith or NitrogenSlith code or art remaining, but Prima's official strategy guide refers to them.

The regular Slith is immune to slime.

The FireSlith had more health, was ruddier in colour and was immune to heat.

The NitrogenSlith had a blue sheen and could stand the cold - that is, NitrogenZones - possibly intended to be used in one of Inoxx's cut levels. As Inoxx says himself:

The original Unreal Design was actually much bigger than the final game. I did several additionnal levels that were cut from the game when we realised that maintaining to many levels would be too difficult and might delay the game some more.
Some of these additionnal levels were found in the Unreal Extension pack, Return to Na Pali, with several additionnal levels from Legend.
My "cut" levels were named Nexxus and Cryox. Nexxus was a Level using the Crypt texture set and Cryox was another Mercenary SpaceShip were you had to swim thru Liquid Nitrogen.

Dr.Haggard

Indifferent
Oct 16, 2001
UK
Visit site
This one?
dragon4.gif

Dr.Haggard

Indifferent
Oct 16, 2001
UK
Visit site
Green too, or maybe only green :)
That pic above was released by epic much later than the shot of the red dragon...
I prefer the green one actually.

Big giB

Jul 28, 2000
BC, Canada
Visit site
Looks like a BETA version of the Warlord to me. Maybe it evolved or something. Anyway, damn, Unreal alpha sounded so cool :( Swimming through nitrogen? cool!