1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UT3 Unreal Old Friends Map Pack

Discussion in 'Content Releases' started by stevelois, Jul 1, 2010.

1. stevelois

stevelois New Member

Name: Unreal Old Friends Map Pack

Version: 1.0

Requirements: UT3 + Patch 2.1 + Titan Pack

Release date: July 1st, 2010

Homepage: UOF

Description: The idea of this pack, launched in December 2009 consists of maps designed by a group of amateur level designers all around the world who have had the taste to develop & share their work with the UT3 community.

This pack is intended to be primarily a fun group project made by a great bunch of friends that combines several different styles of maps depending on the author. The pack should satisfy all kind of players. Whether you prefer old-school visuals or newer UT3 visuals, hopefully there's something in the pack to satisfy everyone’s tastes.

There are also Greed versions from all DM maps. The Greed conversions include many changes from there DM version.

Several months of development & testing have been invested in this pack. We hope that you have as much fun playing with our maps we've had to build them.

Game types: 2 CTF, 5 DM, 4 Greed, 1 VCTF, 1 WAR

Wallpapers:

[screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof-andaction.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof-incinerate.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof-aero.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof-hibernate.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof-hidrotrik.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof-orbitalflux.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof-peak.jpg[/screenshot][screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof-compound.jpg[/screenshot]
    [screenshot]http://stevelois.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/uof-artica.jpg[/screenshot]

Download for PC (Manual installation):

FileFront
    FilePlanet
    Megashares
    Odedge
    Unreal.FR
    UT-Files
    UTZone

Download for PC (Windows installer):

FileFront
    Odedge
    UT-Files

Download for PS3 (Manual installation):

FileFront
    Odedge
    UT3MOD (each file available in USERDATA.JAM, not as a whole pack)

Manual installation:

Extract the UOF Map Pack.rar archive into :

"...\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps" directory. If this folder is not currently on your system, you can safely create it.

Automatic installer:

Run UOF Map Pack.exe & follow the steps.

Manual installation for PS3:

Extract UOF Map Pack for PS3.rar. Each map of this pack as is own directory since you must copy each of the USERDATA.JAM file to a data card and insert it into the PS3 console. Note that WAR-UOF-Artica couldn't make it.

Credits:

Level designers:
    Craig 'Diesalot'
    Éric 'Bl!tz' Rigard
    Jeff 'Odedge'
    Joe-1x '1xTrEmE'
    Jonatan 'Thrallala' Czapnik
    Michael 'Lord_PorkSword' Lomman
    Sébastien 'NOVA'

Internal coordination:
    1xTrEmE, Bl!tz, Odedge

Advertisements, compilation, readme template, main readme for PC / PS3 archives:
    Stevelois

Greed conversion:
    Odedge & Lord_PorkSword

Windows Installer:
    Odedge

Wallpapers:
    Thrallala

Special requests:
    Sébastien 'NOVA'

Testers:
    All level designers + KaiShun, rathalos150, Rulaman, Stevelois, TIPPER & Zergling

Others:
    Euchreplayer23 for everything regarding the PS3 conversion
    Epic for the editor & assets
    ClickTeam Install Creator for the free installer (http://www.clickteam.com)

UOF packs
    Unreal Old Friends Map Pack 2

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  2. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

3. Cr4zyB4st4rd

Cr4zyB4st4rd I make awesome ©

Ill have to give these a go tomorrow. Not sure there is a need fire another version of andaction, but wth

4. Lord_Porksword

Lord_Porksword Connoisseur of Bourbon!

Thanx for the plug Brizz! :D

Here's a FilePlanet mirror: FilePlanet

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  5. Bl!tz

Bl!tz ...ǝp¡s ɹǝɥʇo ǝɥʇ uo

yup big thx Sir_Brizz and thx Crazy for trying it ;-)

6. stevelois

stevelois New Member

7. SkaarjMaster

SkaarjMaster enemy of time

great map pack!

So, here it is now posted in the correct thread.

Seems like the CTF-Greed maps don't appear correctly in the menu, but maybe this is just UT3.

CTF-GRD/DM-UOF-Hibernate >> good map for Greed with good flow, gameplay, z-axis and at least one or two good sniping spots. This works for DM also and is fun in either mode. There seems to be too much haze or washed-out colors or just too bright, but otherwise it's a good atmosphere with the help of the torches, snow, overcast sky, architecture with spires, banner/flag, barren trees, crystals, and a good music choice. I wouldn't say this one is amazing, but could have been with lighting fix. Also, I got stuck once briefly.

CTF-GRD/DM-UOF-Hidrotrik >> I like the water and steam shooting out and the sunset. This one has a good music choice, ambient sounds, HOLY-MOLY, that's an intense "waterfalling" into the cup that guy is holding up! Obviously, the action is held to the buildings and space between for a good reason. The textures/meshes/color choices with the lighting really bring out the atmosphere of this map along with the intense gameplay, z-axis and connectivity; it's also a little crazy trying to figure out where the location of the skull drop off is at but the arrows help.

CTF-GRD/DM-UOF-OrbitalFlux >> Yikes, a space map! Never was fond of these, but I gave it a try anyway. Good music track, standard space graphics with stars, etc. and some not-so-standard dark matter zone below. The architecture looks clean, simple and neon but the gameplay is not. I like the open and central greed point and the crazy, wild scramble for skulls around the outside or you could camp near the greed point but not for long.:) The bots definitely grab the redeemer, but anymore than 10 players is insane in this one. I like the over-the-edge teleport instead of falling to your death also; I was wondering WTF was going on. This one is fun in DM also, but seems more frantic with the Greed gametype.

CTF-GRD/DM-UOF-Peak >> This is a crazy-a$$ classic creation here with dragon statues, surrounding mountain spires, space scene, spider webs, torches, slightly flickering lights, and especially like the interesting location for the skull drop off point (aka greed point as I'm calling it). This is also great in its intended DM format and brings back one of my favorite maps. I never liked perilous outside paths, but it's still fun. I think this was remade for UT2004 also.

CTF-UOF-AndAction!_2K10 >> I like the preview shots, banners, surrounding cityscape and, obvious, team color indicators. Lots of details in here as well as classic music redux. Good thing my bots are good. I don't have the original, but out of the remakes this one seems the best. I don't do wall dodges, so no problems with the middle pillar for me. I like the countdown and technical screens in the arena. The xloc activated makes the gameplay even more intense; although, you might not want to play it this way too much or you could get epileptic.;) Yes, it's CTF in a box, but it can be fun, but you may want to limit it to 3-on-3, really. Looks like the ol' "gameplay in a box" debate (or possibly the "gameplay vs. visuals" debate but probably not as much) has reared its ugly head in this thread but not too much. A few years ago, I remember some heated conversations and debate about this for original UT maps. Basically, it's a matter of what people like and what other people don't. I think both this map and other huge CTF maps with intricate pathways both have their place on servers and are both good in different ways and it's good to experience different styles of play.

CTF-UOF-Incinerate >> This one has good lighting/shadows and a decent music choice. I especially like the neon, lava area, metal railings, cracks everywhere, overhead pathways as well as the arrows and jump pads; woohoo, that moon is close, must be some wild floods on this planet, wow, wait....I knew this looked and sounded familiar, it's Gotham!!! Lots of z-axis and city sniper action in here and xloc activation definitely helps in here. This may be the best and most fun one in the pack.

DM-UOF-Aero >> The sky and the ocean look good (sky seems standard with the sun thrown in). This one has a great music choice, subdued lighting, animated jump pads, good lighting/shadows/textures/meshes throughout, nice mountain scenery and a crazy layout that is almost claustrophobic but works. Bots are good and I somehow lost the first match, but it's hard to shoot with a rocket up your a$$.:) The sniper rifle really needs to be replaced in this frantic map.

VCTF-UOF-Compound >> I like the breeze blowing through the foliage, but the whole map seems in a haze with not-so-good lighting (I guess this would be the realism vs. lighting thing). The crickets, footsteps, and run-down look all really bring out the factory atmosphere. I did like the fact that you could use vehicles and run on-foot to try and CTF in here. Not VCTF at its best, but it does have good gameplay. It does seem too hard to CTF in this one and the bots are good.

WAR-UOF-Artica >> yes, it's better without bloom.;) There are wild blues and greens in this one with blinding water pools. Yes, I agree, it's definitely hard to tell land from water at times. I don't play WAR that much but it seems possibly too many powerful vehicles in here. Bots are good, especially in the darkwalker.:)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2010
  8. stevelois

stevelois New Member

I appreciate you post back in this final thread, THX :D

I re-open the WIP thread so you can delete your post.

Just let me know when your done so I'll close it again.

THX in advance ;)

9. UBerserker

UBerserker old EPIC GAMES

Orbital Flux corrected anything that I found wrong in Morpheus-themed maps, like death voids. Great work.

10. stevelois

stevelois New Member

Just a little note to mention that we're working on the PS3 maps convertions :D

The team didn't forgot the PS3 players :)

11. stevelois

stevelois New Member

The PS3 version of the pack is finally there :D

Enjoy :)