1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal map install problems

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by anthem70, Dec 20, 2001.

1. anthem70

anthem70 Metal is the only way!!

d4mn, I just installed win2k Pro (NTFS) on my computer, I can play the game and use the editor but when I download maps from nali city and put them in the map folder they don't show up in my map list when I play. The properties of the maps say they are .TXT files.
    I went to control panels under file types and it says open .unr files with unreal tournament but the icon is all jacked and it is still .TXT. With windows 98 I haven't had any problems. My friend suggested reinstalling unreal? Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2001
  2. Cat Fuzz

Cat Fuzz Qualthwar's Minion. Ph34r!

Yer not putting the readme's in your maps folder by mistake are you?

3. anthem70

No, I have a special folder for my read-me files. The maps even have the extension .unr. I have been doing this for about a year but now i have a new OS.

4. Rukee

Rukee Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!

If you just go to the map file and double click it will it run???
    If it asks for "open with" tell it UT....if it`s not on the list tell it "other" and then find UT.....try in once first and if it works....tell it always use this program to open.
    See if that works.

5. Rukee

Rukee Coffee overclocks the overclocker!!

6. SpiritWalker

SpiritWalker Guest

Rukee is right.. try that..
    also check your "view files" option..
    it isn't the OS...

7. anthem70

I gave all of those ideas a shot and it still doesn't work, Any other ideas out there? Thanks for the map rukee.