Unreal II Music - Problem with *.con files.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
The title says it all... Is there any way to open these files? What option in UnrealEd should I use? How to convert them to wav/mp3/ogg or sth like that? I mean exactly these files:

AcheronE3.con
Angels.con
Body.con
DrakkBoss.con
Intro.con
M01.con
M08.con
Sulferon.con

all located in Unreal II/Music folder. Please help.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
THANKS! Thank You very much, both of you!

BTW, I actually decided to supply myself with U2XMP - the Euro version (because it's already patched), the CBP, the CXP, the GFP and the map that was in the first beta of CBP, named CMP back then - Chlorophyll. After I get all these files, I'll be really pleased.. BTW, I would like to convert the music myself - but under Sir_Brizz's second given link, after a short search I found a solution: The CONtainer, a part of - if I remember correctly - DirectMusic software. Well, I guess it's time to seek for a trial of it. After I find it, I'll edit this post and put a tutorial right here.

Last edited:

Dark Pulse

Dolla, Dolla. Holla, Holla.
Sep 12, 2004
Buffalo, NY, USA
darkpulse.project2612.org
I know GAP, the Game Audio Player, can play the CON files straight.

In reality, CON files seem to be basically a whole bunch of looping WAV files, with the game instructed to play these loops in whatever order the designer desires.

As for is it possible to make them... that I'm not sure of. But if we know how the format works, it shouldn't be too much work.

Delacroix

Successor of Almarion
Jan 12, 2006
Warsaw, PL
Sorry, but I cannot help you with that. If I knew sth about CON files, I wouldn't ask for help myself in the first place. Don't count on me as my knowledge sucks.