1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

unreal gold problems with MODS and patchs

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by s·af, Aug 9, 2001.

1. s·af

s·af New Member

HI, i've unreal gold and have two major problems:

1) the latest patch (226FinalFinal) can't be installed. At one point it asks for the game cd, but it says it isn't there (it's an original copy).

2) i can't install any mod, by example infiltration. i tried opening the .umod file with the cd AND the hard disk "setup.exe", however the following error is reported:

"Setup: Unknown disposition

History:USetupDisposition::Init <- WFilerWizard::WFilerWizard <- Setup"

Please, if you can, help me, i'd really apreciate it.

2. Metakill

Metakill Inhumane

Search the Unreal I forum for Unreal Gold Mods; there is a detailed (although slightly convoluted) explanation for getting Unreal mods to work in UGOLD.
    Rest assured though, they will work fine if they work with Unreal v.224 or up.

As far as the update, you don't really need it, but if you HAVE to have it, there is a different version for UGOLD. Not sure of the details, but it's somewhere in the Unreal I forum too.

3. Metakill

Metakill Inhumane

Don't get discouraged, it can take some patience to wade through all the backlogs, be persistent! I wish I could give you more help, but I don't have Unreal Gold. I did help my friend get his working though. The post I was referring to is actually near the top of the Unreal I forum; someone responded to it recently.

4. s·af

s·af New Member

actually it was me the one that answered that post

thanks a lot anyway :)