1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal Gold. Problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by Identity Unknown, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Identity Unknown

Identity Unknown New Member

Hi.
    Can't find the answer anywhere.
    I have Unreal Gold, version 226. When I try to change the outfits for my bots they just don't appear to be what I actually wanted them to look like.
    For example, I want a bot to wear green, but in the match that bot looks different (his default model).
    Also on the map choosing screen I can't see the picture of a map like in UT. I don't know, maybe they are not supposed to be there, but if they are, I'd like to have them.
    There's patch 226b. I don't know what it does. Should I download it?
    Note: I don't play online, bot matches only. So if a patch affects the online play... I don't care :)

2. UnrealGold57

UnrealGold57 New Member

actually, bots' outfits for Unreal only have team colors for their default skins; for example, if u select the skin Katryn, and switch the team color to green, red etc., it'll switch back to the skin's (Sonya) original skin, but the team colors will stay. apparently there's no fix for this :p

EDIT: and about 2.26b, download the file "weblinkspatch.exe" (without the " quotes) from whatever website u want, fileplanet, fileshack, filefront etc.; 1st, download it, then click the file, let Winzip extract it, then follow the onscreen instructions, and walla!

speaking of patches, there's a new one out called Unreal Patch 2.27f; a new one 2.27g is coming out soon! but b4 u install, change ur Unreal Gold directory to C:\Unreal (instead of C:\UnrealGold). then install 2.27f, follow the instructions and ur all done! but BE WARNED, 2.27f doesnt support Return to Na Pali, so RtNP will not b included :(. sorry, but RtNP MIGHT b included in the upcoming 2.27g.

P.S.S.: if u dont have enough space on C:, change ur drive letter to D:, F:, etc.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2011
  3. Identity Unknown

Identity Unknown New Member

UnrealGold57, thanks.
    But damn! I wanted to use a green Dante model. It's black only no matter what color I set. As soon as I finished with one bot customization and moved to the next, the first one automatically changes back all the color settings!
    And yes, sometimes when I try to change the color it changes the model as well.
    Too bad it cannot be fixed...
    I thought I would buy Unreal Anthology. Maybe it includes all the patches. Can I add Fusion Map Pack or eXpanded MultiPlayer to the Anthology disc if those addons are not included? I want to have a complete collection and not to miss a single official map. Oh, and I don't like unofficial stuff :)

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  4. UnrealGold57

UnrealGold57 New Member

yes, the fusion map-pack is available for download :). but the original XMP installer doesnt work unless u have Unreal 2 Play Disc. doesnt work for UAnthology, sorry :(.

instead, u have to install XMP Community Edition. works with UAnthology.

5. RohitMudgil

RohitMudgil Delhi packers and movers

hi thanx for suggestion........ i have face the same problem.............

6. VendorX

VendorX Member

Like somebody here said: 'Ooooold Uneral! Join to new one...'