UE1 - UT Unreal Fortress Gold -- Adding new sentry placement points for bot.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Elegnaim

Sep 3, 2005
Okay, I don't know much about using UnrealEd or unrealscript (although I'm okay with C/C++, have some handle on Java, and if we pretend that ZZT was a very, very early version of the Unreal Engine...) so this may be way above my level.

Some of the maps for UNF gold don't have any nav points in place for bots to build sentries. I was trying to go through and add some nav points but it wasn't working too well. The armourer bots weren't really finding them, which is probably a pathfinding issue that I'd need to fix elsewhere. The other problem, which is a bit weird, is that sometimes the armourers WOULD hit the navpoints and start building sentries, but they either never finished (I'm not sure this is possible), or they finished and the sentries never spawned. Anyone have any experience with making UNF maps or have any idea what I'm not doing?

Also, in the other maps I saw, the sentry nav points were indicated by little red flags in UnrealEd, whereas with the ones I was trying to place had this dragon head symbol. All of the properties looked the same so I'm not really sure what was different, there. I'm not sure how meaningful this is.

---

Okay, figured out what the problem was. Navpoint_sentry is a child class of the Ambushpoint class, which has its own team ownership settings, and I was basically defining which team could build at the navpoint in the wrong... settings group under the properties menu.

Last edited: