1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

unreal editor problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by csbellina, Nov 9, 2003.

1. csbellina

csbellina New Member

Help me when i ran the Unreal editor a brown screen apears and then a white screen and then SOMETIMES it dissapears after some minutes and there is the editor but the resolution is too low and everything in the screen looks huge I already tried to change the resolution mannualy but it did not work, it looks like the program runs in that resolution for default. PLEASE HELP!

2. csbellina

csbellina New Member

Come on! If you need more information I can tell you but please help me!

3. Gawes

Gawes New Member

I think with "brown Screen", you mean the Runtime Logo. I am not sure what the "white screen" is. Perhaps the Editor starting up whithout all components loaded?
    What OS and prazosser/Graphicscard/RAM do you use?

4. csbellina

csbellina New Member

Proccesor: Amd Anthlon xp procesor running at 1.53 GHZ.

Graphics Card: Integrated ProSavage with 32 MB. of memory

Ram: 382 mb of ram.

the white screen has the letters X,Y,Z. at the corner

5. lostinmap

lostinmap New Member

I have been having a similar problem except the white screen is black with a gray grid. If you or somone finds a solution please tell me. I did find that in the editor.log in the system folder it did show that an ime was not supported by my os (windows XP Pro).

6. jack0

jack0 New Member

im new here and i just joined this forum to get info. i am a complete amutur when it comes down to making levels with unreal editor 2003. i whant to kno all need to kno to make a level because i'm totaly lost. plese do't use tenical terms because i am an amutor.

7. Soccerguy789

Soccerguy789 New Member

Hey,
    I have UT 2004, but all the info I've found is for 2003 so the texture names are all different, and I cant find some of the textures I need. Also a lot of things are messed up I need to make outdoor levels. I have been able to learn indoor levels fine, but making adaquate outdoor lighting and all that seems imposible. Please someone help me if you can.

8. lostinmap

lostinmap New Member

I found out why I was havingh trouble. It was my graphics card. Unreal ed takes lot of resources. I went up in video card and it went right way.

9. Cooban

Cooban New Member

Dont know weather this will help but when I start the editor the screen is white however the top tool bar is visable. To fix this problem I just go to view(on the top toolbar) then viewpoint in the dropdown menu and then select configure and choose a configuration.

Hope that helps

10. hashpipe

hashpipe AC/UT/espn

Worked for me!

I have been getting white screen on start up, since forever. Thanks for the refresher on the fix...I love you man.