UE2 - UT2kX unreal ed crashes

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
the weird thing is. there is no error message .it just closes down.

1. if i rebild geometory= works fine
2.lighting=fine
3.pathing=fine
4. all together=crash

TurdDrive

sam k
Oct 31, 2008
WALES
i think its at 'partitioning'

if i rebuild seperatly is works then if i fully buils it does it's just is i change something i cant just fully rebuild i have to do them one by one.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
Partitioning is part of BSP building, probably the optimizatzion step that doesn't happen when you just rebuild geometry.
Make sure all your brush vertices are in the grid and that all brush faces are planar. Both things can easily happen when using vertex edit mode. Also, cone, cylinder and sphere builder, as well as the revolved shape builder from the 2D shape editor, don't give a damn about the grid, no matter how you configure them. Also, brushes intersecting at weird angles can sometimes anger The Goblin.