1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal Championship 2 Media and Feature

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by QAPete, Dec 2, 2004.

1. QAPete

QAPete Chief Muckety Muck

After getting about eight hours sleep in two days, BeyondUnreal's Prophetus has come through with his hands-on preview of Unreal Championship 2: The Liandri Project:

As an avid Mortal Kombat fan, I had to know about the inclusion of Raiden. As confirmed in the past, Raiden will be a selectable character in this game. As of this moment, no other Mortal Kombat characters will be included in the game. In some ways, I’m excited about the option to play as Raiden, but as an Unreal fan, I had some doubts about how he would fit in. I mean, I can’t see Raiden using Unreal style range weapons, but Midway assured me he is cool and does fit in with the Unreal Universe. Raiden uses the lighting infused staff for melee attacks and can disappear and reappear behind enemy players. One moment he’ll pose in a crouched position and then materialize high above and behind for a devastating aerial attack.

Also ready for your viewing pleasure are the first two videos from the event. The first one is a TyeFang/BU production of the intro scene from UC2 along with some great fighting scenes between the UC2 characters. The second one is the official UC2 trailer, which promises an Xbox Live!-enabled demo by February 2005, and the full game by March 2005.

Stay tuned for more video goodness from the UC2 NYC LAN event!

UC2 NYC LAN Event Feature
    UC2 NYC LAN Event Media
    BeyondUnreal Exclusive UC2 NYC LAN Event Video - .wmv format, 39.45 MB
    UC2 Official Trailer Video - .wmv format, 45.24 MB

Also, check out our new BU Poll, where you can weigh in on what you think of Raiden being in UC2!

2. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

So... first of all... great video. :eek:

Second of all... I'm so glad to see the console Unreal games take a separate direction. Now I have a REAL reason to go out and get one. :)

3. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

That trailer made me say "WOW".

Yep, gonna buy an XBOX and UC2 now.
    ________
    Web shows

Last edited: Aug 28, 2011
  4. TheGunkster

TheGunkster [Ci]Gunker

Tyefang comes through with yet another shweet video :tup: Game looks pretty cool, some of it reminded me of the mod "ugodz" with the magic/flying and whatnot.

5. TyeFang

TyeFang Ambassador

Nice write-up Proph. :tup: I still think you should have mentioned that I won several of those games...:D...afterall, I was playing the game for the first time that night. hehe

The Exclusive video is me running around with my digi-cam and capturing stuff as I saw it (LAN event, bar, consoles, TVs and footage)

The LAN, held at the exclusive Strata night club, had 16 HD TVs/x-boxs networked up, two huge projected screens showing live action, two full bars (open) with cocktail waitresses handing out shrimp, crabcake appetizers, and other novelty food items, hot babes on the dance floor, and a live guest DJ.
    ... w00t!

The trailer is the official one provided us and it rocks as well. :)

The game is incredible and I am amazed at how much they are squeezing out of the x-box for this title. The open-bar-hi-tech-all-expense-paid trip to NYC was just another reflection of their confidence and continued success in unreal titles. These guys are eating and breathing success in this game...and it shows.

The hand-to-hand combat and controls are intuitive and very responsive. I have never felt that way about a fps console game.

Great job Midway. Great job Epic. :tup: Thanks again for the invites!

I don't own an x-box, but this game is getting me to buy one.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2004
  6. Prophetus

Prophetus Old Fart

Yes, the event --as always -- was fun. I know I come off as a bit biased in the review, but I am dead serious when I say this game will change the community. The change will be a positive one and it might change the future of Unreal PC titles.

Adding in the melee combat was a very bold step and it works out very well. When Microsoft invited me to the first showing, I was extremely skeptic and thought Epic was wasting their money and our time. That is until I viewed and played this game. It is amazing. Unreal fans who want pure mano e mano combat will have it in UC2. The pace is fast, pumping, and exciting. I'm not joking when I say many XBox haters will soon decide to purchase one just for this game --I know I'm going too and I really despise the XBox. Some will say it isn't worth paying for an XBox just for one game...UC2 will make you think twice.

7. iddQd

iddQd Yours truly

Great article, still quite sure i won't buy an Xbox :)

8. helbentt

helbentt New Member

Proph or Tye, do you know if the redeemer will be in the game? And how many maps did you get to see?