1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal Book series

Discussion in 'Unreal' started by Naveed, May 28, 2001.

1. Naveed

Naveed New Member

This seems to fit here better than anywhere else seeing as the books were released when Unreal came out.

Does anyone know if there is a third book in the Unreal book series or is Prophet's Power and Hard Crash it? I can swear I've seen a third.

2. Gothik

Gothik Day Tripper

I've never seen or heard of a third Unreal book, a shame as they weren't too bad as game novels go. I did think that they published them the wrong way round.

3. Naveed

Naveed New Member

Yeah they did publish them the wrong way around. Prophet's Power which says book #2 on it was actually #1. And Hard Crash was actually #2.

4. Hellscrag

Hellscrag UnrealSP'er

Actually...

Hard Crash was the story of Zofia and Gerick
    Prophet's Power was the story of Haute the Prophet

The publishers decided that to get the community to buy both books they should interleave the chapters between the two. But, inept as they were, they got the two book numbers the wrong way round and got two of the chapters of the Haute story the wrong way round as well.

Maybe for REAL unreal fiction you should read Kran's Fall: Kira's Struggle on http://surf.to/scragsite (in the Exclusives section. It also won the UnrealCenter Fan Fiction competition) :).

5. Delacroix

Delacroix Successor of Almarion

Actually, I received intel from a trusted source, one of the book authors, that it's pure ill will on the publisher's part. One of the employees got fired and on his last 2 weeks he sliced and diced both Unreal books and a number of others as payback.

6. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

That's kind of a dick move.

Wow for thread necromancy btw.

7. Delacroix

Delacroix Successor of Almarion

Abra cadaver, lol :D