UNREAL BELIEVERS

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Learnu

Where ever you go, there you are.
Sep 1, 2004
I think ppl need to lighten up here. I am no religious fan, but any person/ppl developing stuff on the web, be it a website, forum should be praised(sorry). It is hard work and effort that goes into it, I know, because I try, I fail, I try, I fail, eventually one day I know things are going to gel together, this applies by the way to 3D modelling, mapping, rigging and such likes also.
N

jmorhy

GoodOle'Taco-(DOG)-
Sep 29, 2004
MEXICO
www.unrealdestination.com
Learnu said:
I think ppl need to lighten up here. I am no religious fan, but any person/ppl developing stuff on the web, be it a website, forum should be praised(sorry). It is hard work and effort that goes into it, I know, because I try, I fail, I try, I fail, eventually one day I know things are going to gel together, this applies by the way to 3D modelling, mapping, rigging and such likes also.
N

thank you, apreciate ur words. come visit us anytime. u are welcomed. we had a good response so far. might not be the thing for some but for others they have found a fun and safe place for them and their kids. hope to see y'all there sometime :D

p.s. sorry to have come back, couldnt resist to post. ;)

www.unrealbelievers.com

Last edited:

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
If all parties involved could be courteous and cool-headed and genuinely seek to understand each other, discussions on religion could prove highly fruitful.

Hellscrag

UnrealSP'er
Nov 10, 1999
Bristol, England
www.hellscrag.net
Cammy said:
If all parties involved could be courteous and cool-headed and genuinely seek to understand each other, discussions on religion could prove highly fruitful.

But that's a fantasy. Let's face it, it's impossible for people from two different religious backgrounds to discuss their own beliefs without both parties feeling that their own belief system is under attack.

My attitude is generally to respect others' beliefs and let them get on with it. This is why I don't talk about religion much. I avoid saying anything that could be considered as a direct or implied criticism of someone's religion because, like I say, I respect others' beliefs and don't want to appear otherwise. In the context of Unreal, this is why I objected to the Kalladrad Halls puzzles in EZkeel's "Legacy" map pack; as the player you were forced to take the Christian route to complete the game.

I've tended to take an agnostic / atheist stance in the past. I've had a few Christians try to "convert" me in the past and it's really angered me. They probably thought they were trying to help me or save my soul. However, what they didn't realise is that atheism is itself a belief system - essentially, the belief in oneself and one's own ability to navigate the moral tapestry of the world. To me, having a Christian (or an individual from any other religious background) attempt to convert me is no different from me trying to tell them why they shouldn't believe in God. I, personally, wouldn't dream of doing such a thing. IMO, "treat as you would be treated" is the single most important rule by which I live my life, and I'm happy with that.

Learnu

Sep 1, 2004
Hellscrag said:
I've tended to take an agnostic / atheist stance in the past. I've had a few Christians try to "convert" me in the past and it's really angered me. They probably thought they were trying to help me or save my soul. However, what they didn't realise is that atheism is itself a belief system - essentially, the belief in oneself and one's own ability to navigate the moral tapestry of the world. To me, having a Christian (or an individual from any other religious background) attempt to convert me is no different from me trying to tell them why they shouldn't believe in God. I, personally, wouldn't dream of doing such a thing. IMO, "treat as you would be treated" is the single most important rule by which I live my life, and I'm happy with that.

Well said, I couldn't have put it clearer myself.
Here's something for everyone to get their teeth into.

'We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are' ;)

Cammy

Nymphomaniac
Nov 24, 1999
Singapore
Visit site
Hellscrag said:
But that's a fantasy. Let's face it, it's impossible for people from two different religious backgrounds to discuss their own beliefs without both parties feeling that their own belief system is under attack.

You do have real-life examples of people from different religious backgrounds coming together for friendly discussion. Books documenting such discussions have even been published. So, I don't think it's entirely a fantasy.

Discussions of this kind need not involve anyone trying to convert anyone else, just people sharing their beliefs and making a serious attempt to understand each other.

And, ummmm... Perhaps we should talk a bit more about Unreal instead, given what the present message board is meant for...

Last edited:

Learnu

Sep 1, 2004
Cammy said:
And, ummmm... Perhaps we should talk a bit more about Unreal instead, given what the present message board is meant for...

Yep, nip this one in the bud, let's get back to Unreal :lol:

NeoNite

Starsstream
Dec 10, 2000
In a stream of stars
Talking about religion leads to nowhere (going in circles and circles), or to headaches, or to stubborn people who won't let go of their views etc.. etc.. and etc.

Talking about Unreal would be sooo much preffered.

jmorhy

GoodOle'Taco-(DOG)-
Sep 29, 2004
MEXICO
www.unrealdestination.com
Cammy said:
Jmorhy, could you explain what connections you see between Unreal and the Christian religion?

Well the best way i could explain it is like our friend KICK<KOR> SAID IT:

Kick <Kor>: "Unreal Believers is a fellowship of believers in Jesus Christ who found each other by playing the game unreal. Common belief, common game for common people with the desire to unite with one another and share our lives together."

GAMESOULjA

Sega Gamer From Na Pali
Sep 23, 2004
Na Pali
www.playmoreconsoles.com
but how would u know if those people u met while playing unreal are really believers and not some fakes with a lot of time on they hands?

this sounds like a begginin of some new cult...unreal/jesus cult

:scared: