Unreal 2: The AWAKENING TC?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

zardalu

Aug 7, 2005
Thanks for this project, simply incredible. Seeing as Legend has unfortunately been dissolved, has anyone thought about a U2 TC? Specifically it would be nice to be able to fight the various alien lifeforms from U2. The famous EvilEngine had access to the non-.gem versions of the meshes... is this a possibility?

Smood

Nov 29, 2003
Obviously its possible. But higly improbable for a number of reasons, 2 being that it would be a lot of work as SP requires much more script and most people didn't enjoy U2 as much as U2:XMP thats why this was re-made and U2 wasn't.

zardalu

Aug 7, 2005
That's fine. Actually, I was more looking to convert the aliens alone for use in a multiplayer invasion scenario rather than an enitre SP TC. You think this is possible? Short of EvilEngine's version of the game, which is unattainable, I have not seen any evidence of being able to convert .gem information to anything useable in UT2K4.

StarGunner

Dec 18, 2004
fireball said:
Maybe you could ask him to port the monster models? With the SatoreMonsterPack thingy, UT2004 invasion obviously supports additional monsters.

On top of that the AI for them is not the best I've seen it's still the old and crapy Unreal 1 AI not the newer U2 AI which I hear is loads better.

I would like a Human VS Skaarj mod it would be cool. I had plans to do it but could never get a team togather.