1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Unreal 1 master server list problums

Discussion in 'Unreal' started by cookiemonster[MoA], Apr 5, 2004.

1. cookiemonster[MoA]

cookiemonster[MoA] New Member

A friend of mine went to play Unreal 1 online and when he went to the master server list(from the game not gspy)there was no server listed.So he typed in a good IP for a server and it said connecting but never did.He can get online no problum and he has DSL.I had him do a full uninstall and reinstall and patched the game an still no good.Does anyone here know whats going on?
    Any help would be great.

cookiemonster[MoA]

2. Hyper

Hyper Hyper.nl Unreal Services

Is he using a recent version of Unreal? (224, 225, 226/Gold)
    If not > Update Unreal
    If yes > The master server of the serverbrowser (gamespy) is available. However, from time to time there may be some downtime. If it is never available, it might be blocked by his network / router / firewall.

Be sure that Unreal has the right permissions to query the master server.

3. cookiemonster[MoA]

Thx for the reply Hyper,
    He is running 225f and he is not using a firewall or router(witch i forgot to mention).He has been playing for over 1 year now and this just happened last week.Its very weard.

4. Oblivion[CW]

Oblivion[CW] New Member

He doesn't have that crap WinXP firewall running does he? That has caused many problems in the past with it.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2004
  5. cookiemonster[MoA]

Nope that was the first think i checked ,LOL