Ultimate Droids 1.3

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.
Before people start asking, NO IT ISN'T FOR THE RUNTIME ENGINE. But it was in the beginning, and I haven't mailed yet to ask if i'm allowed to continue with the runtime engine.

But because quite a few people where happy with version 2, I really needed to release a new version, to fix a large number of issues.
Oh and yes, I slamed a 1 and a DOT in front of the version numbers.

Anyhow this version is for UT2003, so this topic doesn't really belong here... but it seemed the best way to contact people who downloaded previeus versions.

You can find it here:
http://www.rfhq.com/~daid/UD/

Vito

Mar 18, 2002
I don't believe Epic has a problem with Droids using the Runtime. Tim thought it was great.

[CD]Icedude

Hurf da Durf
Dec 13, 2001
#batcountry
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
hurrah for the new camera! :) also i dont have to put up with deafening silence any more :D

Daid, do you mind if i make a few custom droid bodies (Small Balanced, Large, Tiny are ones i'm thinking of doing)? i'd also be glad to help with the levels a bit too

Gawes

Oct 20, 2003
Marburg - Germany
www.gawes.de.vu
I hate your Webspace... :p
I can't get it to work.
Got the same Problem with the 2 Versions before. After Days of trying, it suddenly worked. But i really want to enjoy it now!
Refreshing sems not to help.
Damnit! :-(

So I can continue with the runtime? Or would it be better to send a mail? (I do have some plans about putting weapons on them)

Icedude, it was a hell to get them to UT2003 ;) but ofcoure, the next version wil have alot more bodies. A tiny sounds funny... 6 places for parts? :) A large and a HUGE, and maybe even a monster size will also come :)
help with mapping would be super, I really sux at mapping :(

I'm also thinging about a plugin system, so I can easly create plugins for stuff like IRC support, and maybe even other stuff.

Oh, here is an export of my Mini Star, It uses the new timer component, so you might want to check it out.

FULLDRIOXPORT:AABA""aa"#ACAB$"(#"D'I&DAD'%ab!$PK2$&G["!AH"FE%ahAG"FE"CD
."JK"E"G%fi+HAH%fh"'.%cp+M/hl%dmAF%kn%hk/ng%hk(0ag%if/kk%dd1CI),,aci$$$
,aci,$$$3EL)A!'0ef%kf"'0eb%mm'.%nk%cpAG("AO"CLAL(%id+GAM1$)A3)3)1##B#B&
L(&BB$##C#G*C&B-&M(+*E-'#G&E-*F-4&K4*K*G'#H&H+AI&I&J&J"B)J*C$K4$L$C&
M$F"B

Attached the download here :) (special for you Gawes)

Attachments

• UltimateDroids_UT2003.zip
    446.8 KB · Views: 47

[CD]Icedude

Hurf da Durf
Dec 13, 2001
#batcountry
fraghouse.beyondunreal.com
Well, i've got to work on a slightly updated version of the default droid map, and so far here's the changes i've made:
- Increased the lighting all the test tracks, now you can see the obstacle course better :)
- Re-textured the Square Water Race using the Shiptech package
- Built a totally new Cross Race (basically an outline of a + )

For my next trick i will be re-texturing the Obstacle Course using Egyptian textures :) but if you dont like me doing this to your map, just tell me and i'll delete the modified version right away

oh btw, once again, great mod/dev/whatever :)

[EDIT] Do you mind if i make the obstacle course's second wall a little shorter?

Last edited:

Gawes

Oct 20, 2003
Marburg - Germany
www.gawes.de.vu
Wow, great!
But it semas to me, that i'm to stupid to get anything straight wothout a good tutorial on how to use all the components. :)
But the new Version is great! Even if i liked the Runtime more, 'cause it loaded faster and worked better in Window mode.
Also i've seen two bugs:

The "Color Detph" and "Texture Detail" settings display any option twice.
Also, after importing your Droid and testing it in the maps, it was gone when i returned to the Main Menu, leaving only a Autosave with an empty Droid in it.

For the next Version, i personally would love a type in for all the componets settings, cause i dont like sliders and the possibility to copy componets cause i don't like to set the values for identical ones every time.

ehm.... looks like my English is getting worser with the time of the night... :)

I did a little floating droid, but it only works in the circle race.
Simple stuff, but if someone is interested:

FULLDRIOXPORT:AAAB""aa$""ACB%mACAE"GAF"N"F%g&D
NE[*!"%bk"(!'!+,K)p'F"BP)k#-%ed)n*+%jj)oAD#"C'C.+,C/
NB"E0f/MBD#/M.OBE-,'K#F-0a"K#G#0b.PBH!CFH12D2CFH
&CGL'pka'DCAHLM&hoe'PKAhlm1OID2PKAHOE&!$BBG&BBB
F&(*1B#$N#$#BE#(D"#H#($

I'll better go to bed now... ;)

Last edited:
but if you dont like me doing this to your map, just tell me and i'll delete the modified version right away
Hell no!, DO IT! modify my maps. Just remember that we might switch back to the runtime engine again (the light also looked better there, but that could have been my settings)

I've found a 'bug' myself, I found out that the runtime engine has a default gravatie of -1500 and UT2003 has a default gravatie of -950, so tires have less grip, and upwards trusters work harder in UT2003.

1) The "Color Detph" and "Texture Detail" settings display any option twice.
2)Also, after importing your Droid and testing it in the maps, it was gone when i returned to the Main Menu, leaving only a Autosave with an empty Droid in it.
1) Oh? .... I removed some options, maybe I messed something up :)
2) Was it gone again when you restarted the game? UT2003 doesn't have the 'opened' event in GUI menus (and the runtime engine has it) I tried another function, but it might not have worked.
Also deleting has a 'feature' I found out about, if you delete something and then don't import anything or start designing anything, but just quit. And reopen the game then the deleted is back.
that i'm to stupid to get anything straight wothout a good tutorial on how to use all the components.
Well, i'll start documenting some components, because some are a bit tricky. Expecaly the timer function.