1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UKX Files help.

Discussion in 'Modeling & Skinning' started by hazard120, Sep 6, 2005.

1. hazard120

hazard120 Modeller n Skinner

I wanted to know if any one knew of a way to extract images packed inside of UKX files. cuz I download a lot of great models but I think that I could skin it a bit better then those people. I know that I could email all those creators 4 those files but Im not planing on releasing my recolored skins well not at least yet. If and when I released my work I would mostly email those people for permission and credit them for there models.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2005
  2. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

www.wotgreal.com

Download the exporter. Open the program. At the top there are four buttons; scripts, meshes, textures, sounds. Select the textures button, open the .ukx file, then extract whatever tex you want to .bmp. Don't worry about it being .bmp, the textures will still export with alpha channels intact (not sure why though as bitmap doesn't support alpha, but meh).

You'll find a buttload of smaller images along with the extracted tex, these are just the mipmaps and can be safely deleted.

3. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

Are the textures actually embedded in the ukx file? If so, just open it in UEd's texture browser (you'll have to select All Files) and you can export from there.

4. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

Or you could do that :) You'll need a way to read .dds files however, either the photoshop plugin (if you use photoshop) or a converter. Google is your friend.

5. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

6. hazard120

Thanks for the help. Im going to download that exporter and the plugin cuz im not that good with UEd lets just say its not user friendly.

7. Radiosity

Radiosity Minty Fresh!

Not user friendly? Hah, it's the most user friendly game editor in existence :) Not to mention the most powerful.

8. hazard120

haha ur right / now i want to import some audio file in to a .UAX file just some custom announcer sounds ("name sounds" like when choosing ur character) but for so reason unrealED wont import them when told todo so. any help...?

all sounds are mono, 16 bits, 22khz

Last edited: Sep 11, 2005
  9. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

No spaces in the file's directory.

C:\My Documents\Sounds\MySound.wav = no.
    C:\MyDocuments\Sounds\MySound.wav = yes.

10. hazard120

"No spaces in the file's directory." what do u mean? i have no problems finding the files, its just when i tell the ED to import these files it acts as if it did but they don't show up in the .UAX I wanted them to be in.

11. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

Exactly what I said. There can't be any spaces in the directory the file is in.

12. hazard120

thanks for the help. I finally got them Imported.

13. hazard120

One last thing I wanted to know if this can be done. i wanted the Team skins of my character to have their own portraits base on the team color like in the original UT.

can it be done...?