UED2, OpenGL, Glide rendering modes?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[SAS]Solid Snake

Jun 7, 2002
New Zealand
www.digitalconfectioners.com
OpenGL and Glide used to be at the top of the game, but until OpenGL 2.x is released I'm sorry but I think D3D is a much better API to be working with. Sure D3D runs slower than OpenGL, but with the current hardware D3D runs pretty fast.

Light looks darker? And this makes it ugly for that reason?

MustaphaMond

Mar 25, 2004
Glide? how old of a system are you working on? You're still using a voodoo card I assume? You know, for only about $150 you can get a nice new radeon that does DirectX9 in hardware... Looks great then.

MustaphaMond

Mar 25, 2004
The brasilian noob said:
Missing question: Can I use OpenGL or Glide mode in UED2?

I'm not sure but I think it's possible. Look in your UnrealEd.ini and look for the default renderer... compare that to the default renderer in your UT2004.ini. It's at least something to try.