1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UEd reminder needed!

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by ZIRB, Mar 13, 2006.

1. ZIRB

ZIRB Inhuman

Hi INF-people!

Since one of my friends have started to play Inf, I thougt if I should fix som Inf 2.9-bugs (floating tanks for example) on my maps Desert Tactics 2 Day and Night so I the can release 2.9-compatible versions. I re-noticed that the Unreal editor doesn't load "the INF-stuff" (systemfiles, textures etc) by itself and have forgott how to make it do that... Soo... Perhaps someone out there can help me? :rolleyes:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  2. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

i think you need to put ini=infiltration.ini in the launch shortcut or something...

something like

Z:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealEd.exe INI=Infiltration.ini USERINI=InfiltrationUser.ini

Nice to see you around. I'm looking forward for the updated map. What was the compatibility problem with 2.9?

Last edited: Mar 13, 2006
  3. ant75

ant75 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Actually, i fixed deserttactics-dawn for my personnal use, so if you want i can save you some time and send it to you ;).

For the editor, make a shortcut that looks like this :
    D:\UnrealTournament\System\UnrealEd.exe INI=Infiltration.ini USERINI=InfiltrationUser.ini

edit : bah, instaposted

4. geogob

oh yeah, the floating decos. neat.

5. ZIRB

ZIRB Inhuman

Yeah! Mail it to me! I send u a private message!

6. ZIRB

ZIRB Inhuman

Damn.. That extra string (.....\UnrealEd.exe INI=Infiltration.ini USERINI=InfiltrationUser.ini) for the shortcut didn't make Ued work to open INF-maps....

Any ideas?

7. ant75

ant75 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Check the Ued log to see what went wrong, maybe it's just a missing texture file.
    Did you get the map btw ?

8. geogob

If it says the map doesn't exit in the log or it can't open it, check the path. The maximum lenght of characters in the path is awefully short. Had issues with that. I could open some maps and other not. I was wondering until I saw in the log this:

Code:
    Warning: Failed to load 'D:\Games\UnrealTournament_IMTdev\Infiltration\Maps\EAS-INF-RoadToKandahar_Nigh': Can't find file 'D:\Games\UnrealTournament_IMTdev\Infiltration\Maps\EAS-INF-RoadToKandahar_Nigh'
    Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file 'D:\Games\UnrealTournament_IMTdev\Infiltration\Maps\EAS-INF-RoadToKandahar_Nigh'
    Warning: Failed loading package: Can't find file 'D:\Games\UnrealTournament_IMTdev\Infiltration\Maps\EAS-INF-RoadToKandahar_Nigh'

I though... mm the filename is not completely there... I made my overall path shorter and it worked. Stupid UnrealEd. Why the hell would the maxium path length be 78 characters. Makes no sens :p

Anyway, just check to make sure that's not the issue ;)

9. ZIRB

ZIRB Inhuman

I get no error messages... When the INF-map has loaded it's simply nothing there... Empty space...

Here is a part of the log....

10. geogob

Code:
    Log: New File, Existing Package (Package MyLevel, Package DM-INF-DesertTactics2-day)
    mmm not sure about this.

Edit: ignore me. That is normal.

Can you open base UT maps? How about base INF maps (like DM-INF-TrainingRange or what ever).

Last edited: Mar 16, 2006