1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UEd is my Fundamentals of design final

Discussion in 'Other Stuff' started by Nimbostratus, Jun 9, 2005.

1. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus New Member

Since there's no actual final exam in my fundamentals of design class, the teacher is having me bring in my dad's laptop with UT installed so I can just use the Editor during the exam period. So while just about everyone else is getting stressed out by an exam, I'll be working on the layout for DM. :p

2. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

Man,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,turkey..........................you better make sure it comes out right then,mabye youl get the teacher hooked on mapping too. LoL

DM-PleaseNoBSPHoles.unr

3. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

Not bad.

I wrote a paper on video gaming and architecture a couple of years ago. It was a pretty good term paper really. Far more enjoyable than what everyone else was doing I'm sure.

But I've also tried integrating the UEd knowledge into classwork, and it pays off sometimes.

How'd you get outa the final?

4. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus New Member

Fundamentals of Design class doesn't have one since its an elective course.

5. Mxtrmntr

Mxtrmntr (Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)

Someone at my school got an A in his final arts exams for recreating our school as a UT map years ago. It was rather basic and ugly, but quite fun for those who actually went to said school, obviously.

6. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

omr, mx lives? :)

How's it going?

7. Nimbostratus

Nimbostratus New Member

*Ahem* Said by my fundamentals of Design teacher at the end of the period: "That's pretty cool, I think I oughta get a copy of it and try doing this myself." :D

8. ReD_Fist

ReD_Fist New Member

hehe,ya got to admit it is cool,it uses many aspects of computer use,from networking,programing,modeling,bitmap graphics,audio,and a pile of other things to know.
    To make maps.

I have been messing around in quark, "quake army knife"
    not the printing thing.
    Doing quake or halflife or quake2 maps ,sure is wierd how they did things.
    Like you apply "func_water" for all surfaces taged for water,or"func_sky" wich you just put above the map and acts as the sky somehow or "func_wall",it is way different.

I only cracked open the halflife editor once and thought,Sh_t aint no way,dang ued was enough.

I don't see how the hell they could make those levels,seems way so tedious,but mabye not.

9. Mxtrmntr

Mxtrmntr (Formerly known as Mxtrmntr)

Quite fine, I guess. As it's this semester's last month, June is somewhat stress-inducing, but I guess I'm kind of used to that by now. And how are you? It's been quite a while since you've released a new map, right?

10. Bot_40

Bot_40 Go in drains

Yeah almost a year now. Partial laziness and partial lack of time what with uni etc. Pretty damn busy with exams right now (as usual I left revision till the last minute :hmm: )
    Then I've got a job placement next year aswell so won't have much time then either. Shame really cuz I have quite a few map ideas up my sleeves :p

#zlal etc. is the same as always lol