1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Ued Crashing

Discussion in 'Level Editing - Advanced' started by :MTuk:lone-wolf, Dec 7, 2001.

1. :MTuk:lone-wolf

:MTuk:lone-wolf massacre threat

My Ued reguarly crashes. Today I was working on my 5th deathmatch level, and I was quite far. I had gone a long way without saving. When I went into the 2d shape editor, built my shape and clicked extrude, Ued slowly shrank away and a huge sign appeared up saying "main frame - loop whatever blah blah etc."

And now...my Reasonably nice looking map has disappeared, apart from the previous save. Is there anyway of recovering it?

2. Chrysaor

Chrysaor Lord of the Pants

Goshi wish i could say yes. i know exactly what ur talking about, i'm sure everyone does. ive heard rumors of an auto save feature but i've never looked into it.

3. :MTuk:lone-wolf

:MTuk:lone-wolf massacre threat

4. Chrysaor

BIg P00 :(

5. i hate you

i hate you 7h3 1337 m0

Eh, you dont know about autosave?

AUTOSAVE: Open up the 'View' window, and then 'Advanced Options'. Now open the 'Editor'-part, and then the 'Advanced'-part.

Im sure there is an easier way that I dont know of. (IM NOT A MAPPER)

6. Astyanax

Astyanax GotoState('Coding');

Then what are you doing at the NC forums??

7. Djazaus

Djazaus revealed

I used to get that same shite with the 2dse. The way I get around it is to close the 2dse after making whatever shape, and reopen it for the next job. Just make sure you've saved your shape if it's gonna be used again.

8. Chrysaor

well when i get back home the first thing i'm gonna do is turn on auto save