1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE4-like?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Carbon, Sep 20, 2014.

1. Carbon

Carbon Altiloquent bloviator.

I was just watching some DX12 stuff and came across this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXPAABKSHik

It discusses Massive, with the "Snow Drop" engine, but looks very UE4-like it its node-based system and interface. In the face of all of the patent litigation over the last couple of years, I wonder if there would be anything brewing in this area regarding editor tools for render engines. Thoughts?

2. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

The slate visual scripting/design stuff is pretty common across a lot of different tools.

3. Carbon

Carbon Altiloquent bloviator.

That's what I thought initially, then it occurred to me that rectangular cell phones are also kind of 'common'!

It just struck me as looking dangerously similar, but sure, I suppose these things are not so unique to one editor or another.

4. Rambowjo

Rambowjo Das Protoss

UE4's slate design is special because it's maintained constantly. I think traditionally, the slate editors have been pretty confusing and often deal with deprecated methods and things you must look past in order to understand what the hell is going on. UE4 is maintained and documented so well, that everything works without demanding a very deep understanding of the engine.

5. Plumb_Drumb

Plumb_Drumb yumb

DX 12 will save xbox. Support link

hash tag. useless information, stupid attempt to fool customers.