UE3 - UT3 UE3 Support for native functions?

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Maximus2003

Mar 25, 2003
South Africa
Hi guys,

I've been trying to find out whether UE3 supports 3'rd party native function calls. I want to develop a DLL with functions that can be called from within UnrealScript. From what I understand one will need to have UE3's core and engine C++ header files in order to include macros that is needed to get the DLL to work properly.

Is my understanding correct? Will Epic release the header files for the modding community or is it only available to licensees of the engine?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
UT3 no longer dynamically loads native code from DLLs. All native class code is statically linked into UT3.exe.

Epic never released any header files after UT1 v342, so don't expect anything in that field. Also, native mods are not downloadable from a (game or redirect) server. I recommend you either implement your idea in pure UnrealScript, or write an external application and communicate with it via a TcpLink.