UE3 - General UDK Draw Distance Issue

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Sythenz

Jun 12, 2010
Ireland.
Hey there guys,

I'm brand new to this forum, and only recently to UDK. But I've just installed it on a computer that is more powerful than my laptop. With the UDK on this desktop I'm having a problem with Draw Distance and for the life of me cannot find the answer to fix this annoying problem. This problem happens for both the game in UDK and the Editor and I would just like to get it fixed.

[SCREENSHOT]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9927/udkissue.jpg[/SCREENSHOT]

As I move closer to the sky the Black space smaller, so it's got something to do with the viewport's draw distance or cull distance of a model.

I'm going to be working with larger scale level designs that are more environmental based so getting this draw distance higher is essential.

Can anyone help me?
- Sythen.

Last edited:

Sythenz

Jun 12, 2010
Ireland.
Well this is a map that has come standard with UDK, and when I open the same map DM-Deck on my laptop's UDK, I don't have any problems. Both are fresh installs of UDK.

Sythenz

Jun 12, 2010
Ireland.
Thanks Hourences,
Is it specifically because of the driver? And if I downgrade to an older display driver will it work better? I'll use the other Actor instead. =]

Thanks again.
Scott.