1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

.uc it's driving me crazy...

Discussion in 'Editing' started by model_citizen, Mar 29, 2004.

1. model_citizen

model_citizen New Member

I am trying to learn the ways of getting a vehicle working in UT2003. I can get my mesh and textures into UED and save out the respective packages no worries. (I seem to be doing the right thing anyway)

I have some MyCar.uc etc files and have changed what I think I have to but I still get a nice list of errors and it stops compiling my package.

Can anybody out there send me some sample .uc files so I can see what the difference is. Or even point me into the direction of getting some. Is there a real plain tutorial out there somewhere that explains it all nicely? does anybody have the bulldog.uc and the bulldogtire.uc or know how I can get it out of my UT2003 installation?

A lot of questions I know, but any help would be greatly appreciated...

2. NeoNautica

NeoNautica Level Designer

Its a lot easier to get a car working in ut2k4...

3Dbuzz has some video tutorials on getting a vehicle in 2k4...

3. ProjectX

ProjectX Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

go to http://wiki.beyondunreal.com and search for "Modifying the Bulldog". That aught to help.

Though it is a LOT easier in 2K4. If you're starting out on UnrealScript I reccommend working on triggers and weapons until you get a very good hang on the code structure.

4. model_citizen

model_citizen New Member

Thanks guys. I'll have a look at the wiki stuff and give it a whirl.

5. NeoNautica

NeoNautica Level Designer

If UT2k3's cars are anything like ut2k4's cars... you would need a animation file with the car rigged. The static mesh package with the body and wheels of the bulldog are only used for collision/explosion effect.

6. model_citizen

model_citizen New Member

There is a bunch of SimpleSVehicle stuff at UDN that is pretty much what you explained. Trying to work it all out know. There are some sample vehiles in .max files but I am working from Maya so I need to transfer how things are done. I can export my bones and mesh but the bones are a bit whack in UED. I'll get there sooner or later...

7. ProjectX

ProjectX Nicholas 'ProjectX' Udell - UnWheel Maps

I think SVehicle is 2K4 only but give it a try anyway, it just might work.

8. model_citizen

model_citizen New Member

I have managed to get the bones working properly, but I don't know how I can make the car appear in a level. I have the sample SVehicle level in the runtime build. I have placed an SVehicleFactory in the level but I can't select my vehicle from the list to make it appear. I have run the ucc make thing and it all compiled ok without any errors.
    I have a .utx file and a .ukx file and a .uc file with alterations in the ExampleVehicles\Classes folder.

Any suggestions?