1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

U3 will not run

Discussion in 'Hardware, Software & Troubleshooting' started by johnics, Jan 28, 2008.

1. johnics

johnics New Member

I have a dual Xeon machine (3.06 mhz x 2) with 2 gb of ram and a nice video card. UT 2004 runs just fine. I installed U3 with no errors but when I try to run the program a windows error pops up and then shuts down U3 - doesn't make it past the splash screen. I'm running windows Xp professional with SP2. I also tried downloading the U3 patch 1.1 and it didn't help. Do I have to uninstall UT2004 to run U3?

2. hyrulian

hyrulian Rainbow Brite

You don't have to uninstall UT2k4 to run UT3.

What type of video card do you have? To help us solve the problem, can you go to My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Logs, and post the contents of your Launch.log? That may help us solve your problem.

3. Av4tar

Av4tar New Member

4. johnics

johnics New Member

Fixed

Guys,

Thanks for the help. I downloaded the latest drivers for my video card it it WORKS!!!

5. Av4tar

Av4tar New Member

Not a problem.

Not a problem at all, just remember to keep your grahics card drivers up to date. :D

6. Kantham

Kantham Fool.

Because Unreal 3 doesn't exist. On the other hand, Unreal Tournament 3 does. ;)