1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Two new 2k7 videos

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by BadAss84, Apr 22, 2006.

1. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

UT99's flak cannon was also far better than the UT2kx, or at least if had the best looking flak.

The latest version, is just he UT99 flak cannon with more moving parts and details basically. Its really not much of aleap in design terms.

2. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Wider, shorter, less bouncey.

I really, really hope they make the flak primary a hell of a lot more like UT99's. The flak is a close range weapon, but the UT2004 flak allows you to spam primary for pretty huge distances, which is completely the oposite of what it was designed to do. I understand that the closer spread was designed to cut-down spam, but it ended up making it worse. The reason UT99's flak primary was seen as hugely spammy was more to do with the endless shard rebounds.

I'd like to see UT2007's flak primary have the same spread/effect as UT99, but with the single rebound of UT2004's flak. That would keep the flak primary as a close range weapon, would cut down wild spam and (imo) make the weapon a lot more fun. UT99's flak was a blast to use, but I don't get the same feel with the UT2004 flak at all.

3. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

That's because the Flak alterations fundamentally changed how the weapon is effectively used (you know that ;) ) and thus, enjoyed. UT2x Flak is all about the secondary grenade ... and damn is that ever fun to fling around! Throw in some good chunky up-close insta-kills. It's so satisfying to hit someone up real close with the primary because you KNOW if it didn't kill them, it took off a mega-amount of health. :D

4. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

UT2003's flak sec was insane :)

Don't get me wrong,. I love the flak sec as it is in UT2004. I just think the primary needs a roll-back to UT99 so that it fiots the weapon's intended purpose a lot better. UT2004's flak secondary with UT99's flak primary (with UT2004's single bounce) = fun for all the family :)

5. Kharnellius

Kharnellius .

I agree and somewhat disagree at the same time.

The Flak is mostly for close combat and the fact that the primary doesnt spread out like it used does pose a problem for spaminess from long distances. The only problem is I dont think many people really do that unless they have no other weapon. If I am far away Id rather fire the shock, minigun, link, lighthing, sniper, or RL before I fired Flak primary.

The spammiest part was the rebounding shards. And to be honest I wouldn't even mind those if they stopped doing DMG (or did very little, like 1 dmg per shard) and were just for graphical effect (make dmg decrease over time as shards cool down.)

I wouldn't mind seeing it returned to something similar to UT99 (maybe somewhere in the middle of the two).

6. LANCE.xd

LANCE.xd Flak Monkey

[​IMG]

Thats not a raptor.
    This Is the raptor.
    As for my sig, im thinking of doing one for other guns too

7. f.sardis

f.sardis Member

they need to make the flak exactly as it was in 99. more shrapnel, wider area and bounces off loosely without following right angles and straight lines. they are just shards but in 2004 they bounce as if they are perfectlyround rubber balls.
    they should have a bit more force, hence bounce a bit more but it should also be considered that some shards should bounce and should get stuck in the wall. they should also look into the possibility of getting a headshot if the victim is unlucky enough to have a shrapnel go to the head.
    the flak ball should be made instakill if taken in the torso no matter health or shiled values. ot maybe if not instakill for torso, then they should at least make it instakill for headshot.
    it should also have reduced blast radious but more severe damage than now.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2006
  8. LANCE.xd

LANCE.xd Flak Monkey

Well as in some games, any shot to the head should be an instakill, or at least x3 dmg maybe?

9. f.sardis

f.sardis Member

YEA! but this is Unreal and players wear condoms on their heads and the only weapons that penetrate the condoms are the ones epics wants....

10. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

This is a dumb idea.

None of us want to play Counter-Strike, they already made that dumb game.

11. Neophoenix

Neophoenix Bast's Pet

It could be a raptor. They animated the wings so they can go horizontal to vertical. Saw it in one of the demos. So for all we know, the wings could be horizontal when parked. It would make sense at least.

12. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

I support this. Consider the glock in Counter-Strike. Three shots to the head equal instant death, correct? Same in UT99. Enforcers to the head were instant kills.

But the argument is slightly different. So my support on the argument wavers here and there. Perhaps I'm a moderate.

The way I see it is that the as long as the weapon shows a sense of ferociousness, like the Ripper, which obviously slices heads off, it should be a good idea to implement on the weapons that apply.

13. f.sardis

f.sardis Member

enforcres in 99 were not registering headshots, therefor what you said doesnt stand true.
    only the ripper and the SR would register headshots in 99.
    i think it would be nice to have headshots register for every weapon since its just stupid that they dont. why does a headshot exist for the SR and not for a rocket in the face? i mean ffs this is ridiculous.
    as for the weapon shake, that make life a little harder for the bitches that sit cosy in their corner and shoot from afar.
    i said it before and i say it again. in all ut games the path was covered with roses for hitscan and covered with thorns for projectiles.
    if they dont bring in such effects like weapon shake, momentary deafness from explosions, momentary blindness from flashes the game will look behind of its time.
    every decent game now uses those effects. lets see if epic will be decent in any way.

14. nuttella

nuttella Scare

Yes, link and stinger headshots would be WONDERFUL. :rolleyes:

It would make life much easier for the bitches who sit cozy than for the bitches who run around.

And also better.

15. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

Headshots with enforcers were not instant kills, makes no difference what part of the body you fire the enforcer at!

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  16. LANCE.xd

LANCE.xd Flak Monkey

I think shock should also be headshot-worthy along with all the previously mentioned guns. One thing i noticed was that I think the gun is no longer a projection of the one-sided model in the animations menu. If you look closely the gun seems to be there, including the effect of the gun trailing your view.

Man, UT200X's weapon hands were bogus, instead of actually moving the gun like Unreal and UT99, they just mirrored it, so any words or numbs read backwards, esp. on minigun.

17. Neophoenix

Neophoenix Bast's Pet

From what I am getting from people's posts. It sounds like what I suggested a while back.

That shots to the head, no matter what weapon, should do greater damage (but not kill in one shot), and if you kill an opponent by shooting their head you get a head shot reward regardless of the weapon.

18. Sir_Brizz

Sounds like a boring game to me. Go play CS.

19. SirYawnalot

SirYawnalot Slapping myself in the face

Seconded, and I actually like CS ;P. (though I concede that it is boring)

20. Sir_Brizz

Yah, well I'm not saying it's bad to play CS, but why make UT yet another CS clone BUT SCIFIS ZOMG!?