1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Two new 2k7 videos

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by BadAss84, Apr 22, 2006.

1. BioBlizzard

BioBlizzard YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE !

2. killalot0

killalot0 New Member

moving platform = elevator xD and elevators dont really kill maps imo ;)

3. moonflyer

moonflyer New Member

:D so why they change the linkgun model??

what i mean is not to change the conception of linkgun altfire effect, it could still be lightbeams, but why not try something original? maybe just a different color than green

Well, about torlan, or about remaking map, imo the most important is to be loyal to the gameplay of the original version, but could be very creative while setting up visual theme

4. nuttella

nuttella Scare

Oh I wish they wouldn't bother remaking the obvious maps. The community will do that. If they're going to remake a map, it should be something like DM-Liandri or Turbine. Something that would be a pleasant surprise.

5. Saverous

Saverous New Member

Yes, it's interesting to me too. Anyone knows?

6. LANCE.xd

LANCE.xd Flak Monkey

Oh, have u guys noticed the new Cicada on the ledge?

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  7. willhaven

willhaven bPimp=False

Because we can. :)

8. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

Hard to argue with that one. :lol:

9. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

That is a very cool sig image.

10. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

Don't feel bad. I can't get audio or video. And yes, I've updated.

11. nuttella

nuttella Scare

I had to reload the last one a few times before it would play.

12. Entr0p1cLqd

Entr0p1cLqd New Member

I laughed. :lol:

I'm pretty certain you must be thinking of the Raptor.

--

Looking at some of these comments I'm beginning to wonder whether I'm looking at the wrong videos or something. I mean, the lack of detail is such that it's impossible to really get a feel for how the game will look, run, or play.

The quality of the video is poor, when I watch it, everything looks overbright and the colours washed out (presumably because the cam' was compensating for the low-light levels).

In fact, having watched the three videos again, I'm thinking that the person controlling the view is being intentionally difficult and not really showing off anything of any value.

The only thing that really bothers me from the latest video is that the link setup doesn't have the map background on it. I'm hoping that it's an option that is turned off as I use the map background for navigation (the paths you can travel on are normally obvious).

For everything else, I don't feel the video is of good enough quality for me to be able to comment with any feeling of conviction.

All I want out of 2K7 is a fun game that will interest me enough to get back into modding again, and maybe back into the odd clan match. I don't care about the wepaon models or fire effects or colours or lighting. Just bring back the fun.

13. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

Torlan did have a lack of detail, probably because it is still in development. The video quality is poor because whoever recorded it wasn't good. I'm sure that brightness is not in the actual game. The person controlling is talking to the interviewer, its kinda hard doing both those things at once ;). In UT2004, you could adjust the settings of the Onslaught HUD, so their should be no worries, and I'm sure it will be fun.

BTW, I lookat at the video in large mode, and the vehicle on the ledge really looks more like a cicada, and if you look harder you can see the energy turret:)

Also, If you look even harder to the sides of the skybox, you can see many more towers off to the side

Last edited: Apr 25, 2006
  14. EggBoy

EggBoy New Member

That is a TEST MAP, nothing more. They probably just called it Torlan2 just so they dont waste a good name on it :p and because they reused some meshes from it like the towers. It might not even make it into the final game. Remember CTF-Lavagiant in UT2003? it was one of the first maps we saw and it didnt make the final cut.

15. Selerox

Selerox COR AD COR LOQVITVR

Nothing wrong with re0using old maps *if they fit the gameplay*

The movie did say that visually the map's very, very unfinished.

Fiver says it's in the retail game. I'm fairly sure it's already been stated that Torlan2 will be in the retail game (and it's pretty clear that a new version of DM-Deck will be in there as well).

16. LANCE.xd

LANCE.xd Flak Monkey

Which sig image?

17. Neophoenix

Neophoenix Bast's Pet

Your flak connon one probably, it is pretty cool. Though it would be funny if the 2007 model you have turns out to be the canister gun :lol:.

18. LANCE.xd

LANCE.xd Flak Monkey

Thx guys
    and yeah thats a flak. Saw the same one in UC2 and Malcolm was holding it in the UT2007 promo. But yes that would be funny if it were a canister gun. Id have to make a new one cause i cant find the psd file :eek:

19. gregori

gregori BUF Refugee

Pity Epic couldn't just rip off the design of the Flak2 flak claw from ChaosUT, and use that for the new flak cannon, it would be different for a change!

20. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

UT99's flak cannon looked like a joke. It's about time they up'ed the weapon design for the flak cannon.

I must, however, point out that it's not good to go too far in weapon design... I've already mentioned it in the thread, guess I shouldn't repeat myself then. You get the idea.