1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Two new 2k7 videos

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by BadAss84, Apr 22, 2006.

1. LANCE.xd

LANCE.xd Flak Monkey

ppl said it already. And upon further examination, its a sideways, tiny flak cannon. Im positive.

2. Kharnellius

Kharnellius .

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  3. LANCE.xd

LANCE.xd Flak Monkey

HA!!!

4. Hashassin

Hashassin phunzor

5. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

errr....?

Dodging is required in 2003/4. In 2007, hopefully, it won't be as necessary of a skill, though still useful and widely used in the competetive scene. That would bring it back to Planet UT99 without nerfing the movement too much.

6. Neophoenix

Neophoenix Bast's Pet

Thank God for that.

I have a question though. What is up with the weird particle effect on the Shock Riffle? The energy moves like it's moving through a tube, but there is no tube in site. It detracts from the weapon IMO.

7. MARVO

MARVO I am in this thread.

shock primary doesnt reduce the ammo number on the hud when its shot. plus, and i dont really remeber, i think the ammo number is a little high too.

8. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

Some call Epic and tell them to start over. :eek:

9. Krazy K

Krazy K .....

yea all the weapons have "infinite ammo", for demo purposes. If you noticed when the shock core explodes it goes down by 3. And the weapon text display is annoying, hopefully thats also only there for demo purposes.

Faster movement is also a plus to me. I love Halo 2, but its just too damn slow for me. Too "floaty". And it looks as though the Link gun will be an actual contender this time around. By that I mean, its looks as though i'll be using it a lot more.

10. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Damn straight, all the freshman at my high school are in love with Halo2. Then they discover UT in sophomore year and dismiss Halo2 as "gay"

Me? I don't think Halo2 is necessarily "gay", but I think that the run speed is certainly slow.

As far as speed goes in UT2007, I'll be dodging like crazy still. Maybe it won't be as much necessary, but I'm gonna keep going it like I did in UT2004.

11. Kharnellius

Kharnellius .

fairies...

...and gnomes

Seriously though...magnetic fields. Come on now lets not be too picky here. It looks COOL. That's all that really matters.

In Unreal 1 they made weapons because they were cool. I am glad to see they are returning to that creative vein.

12. nuttella

nuttella Scare

They're in a bit of a pickle on the creative front, as they're stuck with basically the same weapon set they came up with in 1997, because people would freak out if they changed it.

13. Kharnellius

Kharnellius .

True but at least let them try new things with how they look etc. I wouldn't mind new weapons as long as they could fit them nicely into balance.

14. LANCE.xd

LANCE.xd Flak Monkey

Yeah ill say.

I <3 the new link design as opposed to the boring gray lump of metal.
    2004 was ok, but man, 2003 was the suxxor

15. ShakeZula

ShakeZula New Member

The Link Gun looks awesome, I'm really psyched about using that shaft. I just hope it's effective... Although I kinda guess that it was inefficient in UT2004 DM (alright Fuzzle, inefficient for the rest of us ;)) because of its linking/fixing use in Onslaught. If it was a good offensive weapon as well it would have perhaps been overpowered... I dunno where I'm going with this. I like how the Link Gun works and I hope the secondary fire is good because I enjoy using it. :tup:

16. nuttella

nuttella Scare

What I like about the link beam is that it's thick and straight like the Pulse beam in UT99. Not that it shows how powerful it would be, but alt pulse was something you could actually rely on in DM, while it became a utility weapon in UT2k.

17. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

The link primary fire seems to fire energy balls at a higher rate, and they seem to move faster. I think the secondary fire is great and has better effects than the 'string beam' in UT2004, but I also think it is a little too 'fat'

18. BooGiTyBoY

BooGiTyBoY The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR

Seems my "biggest wish" thread has already been answered. Weapons are in HORRIBLE screen positions... :(

Moving platforms in a DM level? What the hell are they thinking. Nice to see "flow" is still important in fps games... :roll:

Seems to me every video shown so far puts emphasis on graphics and effects with absolutely NO focus on gameplay whatsoever.

I'd also like to say that half this level shown in the video looks like it was ripped straight out of Q4.

Not impressed at all.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2006
  19. Bullet10k

Bullet10k New Member

It would be cooler to see a more smoother link secondary, the way it is now is 9hp per tick, 1hp per tick and 9 times more ticks would give it an ULTRA SMOOTH feeling. But I don't know if that's possible over an internet connection and MAXIMUM 70 ticks on a server.

20. EggBoy

EggBoy New Member

The platform seemed strange to me at first but then I realised its just a more "grounded-in-reality" version of a teleporter. It would be kinda strange to have a random telporter in the middle of a factory. Also it is much less confusion for new players than an actual teleporter, because they can see exactly which part of the map they move to.