1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Two new 2k7 videos

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by BadAss84, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

[​IMG]

Why on *earth* do people think this is the flak? They assumed this on the INA forums too.

1. The flak has always had a yellow/beige theme.
    2. The flak has always been a stumpy, short gun with a huge nozzle.
    3. The stinger has always had a blue/cyan/teal theme.
    4. The stinger has always been long and faceted gun with a visible magazine and a rotating nozzle.

I could *maybe* understand people going "what's that, the new sniper rifle maybe?", but *flak*?!

Edit: Shame on me, it says flak as he selects it. I'm dumb :(

Edit 2: I love the new link, the new projectiles seem nice and zippy. The beam I'm not so sure about, seems a bit sausage'y.
    I've always been against link primary getting splash. I don't want it to turn into a weapon best fired at the ground like a rapid fire mini-RL. Firing it at chest-height has always been what makes it satisfying and fun to kill with. For me, anyway.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  2. N3cris

N3cris Mapper

Hah! Im ready to bet 100 $/€ that thats a stinger. Looks the same than in UC2. I don't care if it says Flak Cannon, but it is Stinger.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2006
  3. BadAss84

BadAss84 BadAss[zero]

You need to update your flash player i think.

And the pic is obviously the stinger.

4. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Some people seem to have problems distinguishing the weapons. I believe someone mentioned earlier that it’s because the weapons now look way too sci-fi ‘ ish, so it’s harder to tell which weapon is which.

5. N3cris

N3cris Mapper

Well, atleast I do recognize the weapons. Link gun was a bit new to me tho.

6. EggBoy

EggBoy New Member

That weapon is definately the stinger.

Yeah it does say Flak cannon when the stinger appears on screen, but that is because the text pops up instantaneously when you select that weapon (probably using mouse roller), but it takes some time to drop down the current weapon and bring up the next. If you look at the text, it flips through so quickly that the animation cant keep up so the stinger is still out when he changes to Flak cannon and finaly to rocket.

They may not look like traditional UT weapons but the important thing is that the weapons look very different from each other, so if any new player plays the game a couple of times they should be able to tell them apart. They seem to have some character in the way they animate (and hopefully the sounds too). At least they dont look too similar like all the grey hunks of metal which pass for weapons in Halo.

7. L/\N|)O

L/\N|)O Tactical Ops gamer

Don't you think that the player is moving too fast in this trailer?
    I hope it'll not be another ut2k4-style game...

8. EggBoy

EggBoy New Member

yeah I actually have a feeling that the run speed has been increased for purposes of this demo, so that the player can quickly run around the map to show it off more efficiently.

9. L/\N|)O

L/\N|)O Tactical Ops gamer

I hope you're right

10. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

No. I thinkt he run speed is great. The faster you run, the less necessary dodging and dodge-jumping are. Thus if the run speed is faster and the dodge-jumping nerfed a bit, I'll be happy.

11. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

The runspeed is one of the biggest reasons I like UT over other fps games. In Halo, for example, I keep pressing movement keys extra hard trying to go faster. In "faster" games I feel right at home.

12. truegamer

truegamer New Member

For those wanting an explanation behind the whole Flak/Stinger thing...

Morris (sounded like Morris) was cycling through the weapons with a scroll wheel, obvoiusly. It looks like he was going so fast, that maybe the model for the stinger came up and the next weapon in the list, the Flak Cannon, had only it's name shown.

That at least tells us something about the order.... mine - shock - link - stinger - flak - rocket.

13. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Which means the more you dodge, the better you are as a player than the other guy. :)

14. Sir_Brizz

No it doesn't. It means the better you move without dodging the better you will do.

Besides, UT has never been a great game for people who want to just run and gun, it take more than two braincells to play properly, even in UT99.

15. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

The weapon shown on the pic is stinger. On the sreen the weapon name was shown few frames before and is already replaced with the weapon name the player is going to switch next.

16. howlatnight

howlatnight Member

Whats to say that increased running speed wolnt also increase the speed that the dodge jump moves you at? We may just end up dodging even faster than we do now.

btw he didnt dodge or even jump the entire time.

17. Sir_Brizz

O RLY? ;)

No one is to say that, except that they have said in every interview that they are trying to tone down how widely useful dodging is compared to the previous 2kX games. If the TRAJECTORY is low enough, it won't matter how fast you move.

18. neilthecellist

neilthecellist Renegade.

Even in UT2007?

19. Kharnellius

Kharnellius .

Amen to both. :tup:

20. nuttella

nuttella Scare

Question:

[​IMG]

What the hell is this thing?