1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Two new 2k7 videos

Discussion in 'Unreal Tournament 3' started by BadAss84, Apr 22, 2006.

1. Entr0p1cLqd

Entr0p1cLqd New Member

Or in some cases, hitting the space above that small, distinct appendage on top of the model.

2. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Waisten was by Soma, and Soma was hired by DE, so unless they contracted DE to work on maps again, I don't see it being the same author.

3. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

Player's head was ventilated by Fuzzle's assault rifle.

Fuzzle: ->> HEADSHOT <<-

(arf I hate those macros btw)

4. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

THANK YOU! :tup:

5. _Lynx

_Lynx Strategic Military Services Staff Member

It's good if they're teamed up for another UT.

6. BooGiTyBoY

BooGiTyBoY The ImPaCt-DaMpeNeD BooGeRaToR

I went to a huge high school in New jersey where i myself was an innocent bystander in more than a few potshots. Am i offended by the afore-mentioned comment?

Not at all.

Get over it dude. If he's still alive there's no big deal nor any reason for you to get your panties in a bunch now is there.

Back to the matter at hand.
    I've yet to see one thing in any of the 2k7 videos that make me wanna "run right out and buy it."

It looks like 2k4 with updated eye-candy. That's it.
    I thought this was going to be a 'new" game, not the same old thing re-hashed over and over again.

7. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

I'm not offended either, mainly because I know that f.sardis is a f.tardis and all his comments thusly mean nothing. :)

If the run speed is indeed that fast, then it will not be UT2004. How can it be? UT2004's gameplay is governed by its slow run speed coupled with really exaggerated dodges, both of which govern the design of most of the maps that have a horrible player/map scale. If they fix the movement, they fix the maps, and if they fix the maps, they fix the weapons. Not that the weapons are messed up now; they just seem unbalanced because long-range is more effective most of the time. Thus, they almost can't make UT2004 with updated visuals.

8. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

As a link whore myself, the new rof and "punchyness" of the new link was one of those moments to me :D

9. L/\N|)O

L/\N|)O Tactical Ops gamer

Have you noticed that the screen ratio in this trailer is around 16:10 ?
    If it is, then the fov must be bigger than 90 (am I right?), and IF the fov is bigger than 90 degrees then the running speed should be faster.
    What I intend to say, at screen ratio 4:3 running speed should be slower.

Do you agree with me?

10. Fuzzle

Fuzzle spam noob

What on earth does the ratio have to do with the fov?

11. hal

hal Dictator Staff Member

It looked like a wide aspect ratio screen to me. Not so much the FOV.

12. Sir_Brizz

Sir_Brizz Administrator Staff Member

Plus it would only APPEAR to change your running speed.

13. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

If you go closer to a widescreen aspect ratio, you can increase your fov without it getting fisheyed since your fov only seems to be measured horizontally, but don't quote me on that horizontally part.

14. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Heh. Getting the year-old video some newbie guy linked to in another thread, I just realized that they showed us the dodge a long time ago even though they never actually performed it.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/746/746631/vids_1.html

Get the video on the right. Towards the very end when he starts the AS map over again, he's spamming with the rockets when he gets past the statue thing in the middle and whips out the shock. When he shoots a core the bot in front of him dodges to its right. It's quick and short, similar to UT and not UT2004. :)

15. -AEnubis-

-AEnubis- fps greater than star

Yeah, looks good, though I must wonder what it looks like with the extra jump, because that doesn't look like a dodge jump. That just looks like a dodge.

If the jump doubles the distance... well, I hope they've tweaked it more since then.

16. ShakeZula

ShakeZula New Member

Oooh yeah, and the guy playing jumps backwards just before that. Didn't look too different imo D: but the dodge looked good. An extra jump could make a big difference though, like Aenubis said.

17. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

After seeing the old video again, I noticed how much nicer the explosions look in the newer vids. Take a look yourself, because in my opinion, the rocket explosions got an upgrade in the past year :).

EDIT: Also, I noticed the shock didn't have the weerd pulse thing shoot out of the side, and when Rein comboed someone, he was kinda 'nailed' to the wall in more of a ut99 style :)

On something I didn't lke, when I saw the raptor it looksed to small from what the other pictures showed :(

Last edited: May 2, 2006
  18. L/\N|)O

If the screen width is increasing and screen height is locked then fov MUST increase.

Try changing the resolution in your game from 1280x1024 to 1280x720. At this second resolution (with other screen ratio) the world looks two times smaller ... and you seem to run two times slower ...

Go on and try it yourself in some game!

19. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

FOV does NOT change with a changing screen width. The same amount of horizontal data is simply crammed into a different amount of space. Any FOV change is simply a perceived effect because the aspect ratio may cut off some of the vertical data. FOV changes how much you can see at one time on a horizontal plane.

Example. Screenshot taken at 1280x960 (resized to 800x600) vs. screenshot taken at 1280x800 (resized to 800x500). The same amount of horizontal stuff is there; the only change is the amount that can be seen vertically. The effect cuts off a lot of the floor, creating a zoomed effect, thus making it feel like movement is slower (an effect of a lower FOV, not a higher one, so I really have no idea what you're trying to say in your post). The FOV is and remains 90, as shown by the amount of stuff that can be seen on either side.

In either case, if it is a wide aspect in those videos, the fact that he is still running that fast means that he is hauling ass.

20. L/\N|)O

maybe you're right with the fov
    nevertheless this ...
    ... is truth

/edit
    Your're talking about height, not width. Try 1280x1024 vs 1600x1024 :>
    What I am trying to tell you is that if you change the screen ratio then the ingame feeling of map scale/speed movement will change (Don't give me sshots here, just try to play @ 1280x1024 and 1280x720).

Last edited: May 2, 2006