1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Tweak your OS with GameXP

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Prophetus, Jan 3, 2004.

1. Prophetus

Prophetus Old Fart

So you buy a new computer, with Windows XP already installed, and you fired it up only to discover the damn thing runs slow. If you are like me, you jump knee deep in the registry, system settings and whatever to optimize the operating system. Only problem is, some people are afraid to tamper with the registry. Well, there is a new gaming tool out and it quickly optimizes any version of Windows XP. Theorica created a simple tool call, GameXP.

GameXP will modify useless and resource hungry settings so your games will run faster and better. If you don't like it, then simply use the tool to reset the settings back to default. Although most of the tweaks can be done manually without the tool, this is nice to have if you aren't g33k enough. Download this tool today!

Thanks to Swedix for emailing this information.

2. someguy_99

someguy_99 New Member

I wouldn't recomend downloading this. Being the carefull guy I am, I did a little research in the website's forums before I downloaded it. Apparently the program turns off all file sharing, so this means Kazaa, Napster etc will NOT work after you run the program. You can turn the settings back to default, but apparently it makes your computer run like shizzle, and you can't save your current settings before you run the program. Perhaps they will fix this is a later version, but for now I don't suggest using it. Here's the link to the thread in their forums: http://pub37.bravenet.com/forum/fetch.php?usernum=3173578528&msgid=217819&mode=&cp=

Last edited: Jan 4, 2004
  3. balls

balls .......

I agree

I agree, I wouldn't suggest this program either. There needs to be a setting to return to your current settings if all fails.

4. MachDelta

MachDelta Haphazard Nobody

I'm wondering, is there any way to selectively apply this program? I've tricked out my rig a little bit, but i'm a registry nub (that and I don't like spending 6 hours on the net to track down registry crap :p), so some of these changes might be nice, and others, obviously, won't.

Ah well, not like I can even download the thing. 0.01k/s! Woohoo! :rolleyes:

5. WebSlinger

WebSlinger bNotNegative != False

well you could take a restore point snapshot before running the program... but what a pain that would be as well... you'd have to do it almost every time :/

nevermind :p

6. Swedix

Swedix Retired from UT2004

Careful guys don't use Kazaa or Napster :p

7. lvlorpheus

lvlorpheus New Member