[tv] Lost analysis thread.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
DaBeatard said:
If that were the case, couldn't he have just told Jack and company that was the deal? That was the whole reason for Jack going in to the jungle in the first place, to trade NotHenry for Walt.

I'm starting to lean towards Michael being an Other now. He's been convinced/brain-washed/forced to work for the Others.

Perhaps, and :eek: to the last couple of seconds!

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
....or, perhaps it's not "Henry" they want in the trade. Remember, "Henry" told John that he was coming to take John, but that he had failed by getting caught. He also mentioned that he's as good as dead since he did fail.

Perhaps the Others told Michael to capture John in exchange for Walt.

At this point, it's all speculation, but it sure is fun to do!

Angel_Mapper

Goooooooats
Jun 17, 2001
Cape Suzette
www.angelmapper.com
Traxis said:
I think Libby will die, because the actress who plays her (along with Michelle Rodriguez) was arrested for drunk driving during filming and there were rumors that ABC was making the writers kill her character off.
Na, they had an interview with the producers and asked about this, it was all just a strange coincidence. They were considering changing the story because of the DUI's, but decided to stick with the plan.

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Yeah, I'd hate to see them change their plan for something like a little bad publicity. They supposedly have this whole 5 year story planned out. That means only 3+ more years until we have all the answers!

Zxanphorian

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 1, 2002
PA USA
Visit site
GotBeer? said:
Yeah, I'd hate to see them change their plan for something like a little bad publicity. They supposedly have this whole 5 year story planned out. That means only 3+ more years until we have all the answers!

Or will we have all the answers? It seems to me that this show will not have a "complete" ending to it, one that has a conclusion in a chronological sense, but an ending that has more questions than answers.

Monster w/ 21 Faces

Dear Dumb Police Officers
Apr 30, 2006
England
Yep. I swear it's going to be some kind of virtual reality psychotherapy. I bet towards the end of the show we get to see every single person in the series being approached by someone at the airport asking if they want to take part in either an experiment or if they have any personal issues theyd like to work out.

The numbers mean nothing because they are just numbers, they have no power, however they keep showing up just because Hurley thinks they're so important and thats his own personal psycological hang up.

Everyone in the show who sorts out their personal issues gets removed from the virtual island and are 'killed' as far as everyone else is concerned.

EDIT: Actually there probably is no airport, that was all virtual too. I'm willing to bet that the companies interview room is the room that keeps being used by the lawyers in the show.

Last edited:

purice

coon dog
Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
could it be possible that jack's dad isn't really dead but somehow the man in charge of the others? remember henry said zeke was nobody and the real head honcho was both brilliant and unforgiving.

the thought entered my head when ana was talking to henry about some mysterious 'him' right before she was maybe going to execute henry. her relationship with 'Tom' might have something more to it than what was shown.

maybe i'm missing something.

defunkt

Yargh!!!
May 4, 2006
New York
purice said:
could it be possible that jack's dad isn't really dead but somehow the man in charge of the others? remember henry said zeke was nobody and the real head honcho was both brilliant and unforgiving.

the thought entered my head when ana was talking to henry about some mysterious 'him' right before she was maybe going to execute henry. her relationship with 'Tom' might have something more to it than what was shown.

maybe i'm missing something.

I don't think so... His dad was dead in a coffin on the plane so how on earth would that be possible?

But then again this is Lost were talking about...

Last edited:

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
...the same corpse dad that dissapeared from the coffin and haunted Jack for a good day or two?

Anyways, this IS lost, so yeah, anything's possible and all guesses are as good as any.

defunkt

Yargh!!!
May 4, 2006
New York
Yeah true...
What country are the majority of you from?
AND
What season are you up to???
I'm from NZ and believe we are close to the end of season 2

purice

coon dog
Dec 19, 1999
Visit site
the shot-from-above symbolism is really messing with my mind. a question mark made of salted earth and a crashed plane?

i found this when searching for "salted earth" on google:

"Words of Jesus to his disciples in the Sermon on the Mount. He continues, “If the salt have lost his savor, wherewith shall it be salted?” Jesus implies that if his followers lose their dedication to the Gospel, no one else can give it to them."

did Locke lose his faith in the hatch? did the plane really crash?

i'm more cornfused than ever. bastard writers. :mad: :lol:

GotBeer?

Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Libby died? DAMMITDAMMITDAMMIT! OK, I suppose this confirms Libby was an Other, or at least working for Dharma, because the only way to finish her backstory now is from someone else's perspective. Like the person who recruited her and stuck her in the hospital to watch the numbers guy, then stuck her on Oceanic 815.

Anyone go to the website from the Hanso Foundation ad, sublymonal.com? You click on TVs a bunch of times until it finally gives you a password: 'heir apparent'. Then go to hansofoundation.org's Newletter signup page. When you enter your name the site goes all wierd and Persephone asks for the password. Type in 'heir apparent' and she tells you to contact the call center listed on the TV ad page. That's where I get lost, because there's no # on that page. Apparently, if you go to Mittlewerk's bio there's a box to enter 'heir apparent' and get more info, but I can't get that to work yet, either.

As for the numbers being an 'experiment', that just doesn't sound right. Maybe we'll find out next week, considering the timer's beeping at the end of the show and no one seems in a rush to stop it.

DaBeatard

Mr.How
Nov 20, 2002
Visit site
Strange episode for me. We were given some answers, but I didn't find the episode that exciting for some reason.

Dr. Candle had a different name and he didn't have a fake arm like in the other video. Twin brother? Pearl video made before the Swan video?

Edit: was there a continuity error with the timing of Jack and company on the beach walking to the hatch? It was daytime when they left ,nighttime when they were walking, then daytime when they went to get the heroin. Either it took a full day and night to get to the hatch and just as long for Hurley to realize that Libby was missing or that night shot was a mistake.

Last edited:

GotBeer?

Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I think they just didn't show exactly how much time Jack spent working on Libby before deciding all he could do was make her comfortable, so it was morning before he sent Sawyer and Kate after the heroin.

BTW, I got the hanso website to work. I had to 'login' on the newletter page with the original 'breaking strain' password first, apparently. Wierd stuff going on there.

Pearl video was made in 1980, Swan video was from sometime in the '70s.

GotBeer?

Mar 10, 2004
57th State
A correction:

I just saw the Swan film again. It's dated 1980, not sometime in the '70s like I said in my last post. Also, in the Swan film, the guy calls himself Candle. In the Pearl film his name is Wickman, and both of his arms work. I wonder which is his real name. Oh, candles have wicks.