1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[tv] Lost analysis thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ilkman, Sep 29, 2005.

1. defunkt

defunkt Yargh!!!

This is how it goes...Sun comes to the revelation that she might be pregnant. She struggles on whether to tell Jin about the situation. Meanwhile, with no success from Jack or Sayid, Ana-Lucia is called in by Locke to interrogate the new prisoner Henry Gale to get more information out of him about the balloon that he and his wife supposedly landed on the island with in the forest. Ana-Lucia, Sayid and Charlie then set out in towards the jungle in search of that balloon.

2. mokeh

mokeh Ride for ruin

I guess thats just how Michael rolls XD

3. Monster w/ 21 Faces

Monster w/ 21 Faces Dear Dumb Police Officers

Where they find a yellow brick road and a group of midgets who resemble but are legally distinct from the lollypop guild, the lollypop guild.

4. defunkt

defunkt Yargh!!!

Now you're getting it, now you're getting it ;)

5. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Total "WTF!?" moment at the end of the last episode.

6. GotBeer?

GotBeer? The nozzle is now calibrating

Holy Sh!t

I knew Michael had made a 'deal with the Devil' and was going to do something, but that caught me completely off guard. Ana has to be the dead one, we've seen her complete backstory now. They wouldn't leave a huge '?' like Libby unanswered by killing her off prematurely, even though she took two to the gut. Or did she? Kevlar blankets? :p Speaking of, did anyone see the look on her face when Hurley made the hospital slip?

As for Henry: was he lieing again when he said his mission was to take Locke? I think he may have been telling the truth.

The lock combo was 18R 1L 31R. Will it have any significance in the new 'Lost Experience'? www.thehansofoundation.org is part of the experience. Do what ilkman said. Also, go to Joop's page and send him a text message. It gets really wierd after that.

The Hanso phone number is busy. :mad:

7. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

Awesome, awesome episode!

8. DaBeatard

DaBeatard Mr.How

I tried calling that phone number from that Hanso Foundation ad, but it was busy. The website has been totally re-vamped- http://thehansofoundation.org/

Is this website considered canon? Because-
    There is a picture on the site of Alavar Hanso that is dated 2003. The same picture was used in the orientation film which was dated 1980(?). That makes the film ALOT newer that the hatchies must think it really is. Someone is really messing with them. That is, if the website can be considered canon.

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  9. 8-4-7-2

8-4-7-2 New Member

[pedantic]
    A cannon is a metal tube you shoot with.
    The collected work of someone, or the part of a larger work that is acknowledged by an authority is called 'canon'
    [/pedantic]

As for the episode:
    WTF!?! WTF?! :eek:
    Michael totally lost it

Ana-Lucia is probably dead. Bugger. I kinda liked her :(

No idea what Michael was thinking there. If he was thinking at all.
    Didn't he concede he couldn't take on the Others alone? He basically had the support of Jack and co. to get the Walt back.
    So why take revenge on Henry or maybe abduct him?

No idea where they'll go with Michael there. They either have to kill him when he charges in to go for Walt maybe, or exile him. No way he can be trusted again.
    But Lost has had some pretty erattic character development lately

Last edited: May 4, 2006
  10. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

How did people find out about that web page?

11. DaBeatard

DaBeatard Mr.How

Thanks, I knew something didn't look right. I was too lazy to spell check. Post edited.

Did he kill AL and shoot himself to get the support of the whole camp? I mean, what better way to get people to rally to his cause. Or, he's another and he's helping NotHenry escape.

Either way, Locke and Kate (and maybe Jack) have to know that Michael's story isn't completely on the level, whether it's because he's lying or because he's mis-informed.

12. Renegade Retard

I'm guessing that the Others told Michael "if you ever want to see your son alive again, you'll help us." What exactly they want him to do I'm not certain.

We do KNOW that Michael is lying about the state of the Others, because he said they were living in tents and wearing rags. However, in Claire's flashback to her time with them, we see "Zeke" well dressed and groomed, as well as Ethan. I think the Other's are using Michael to manipulate them and trick them into attacking. Why, I don't know.

13. Cap'n Beeb

Cap'n Beeb Banned

Oh man, when Hurley finds out about his girl getting shot before he even got to first base, he's going to have an itching to beat the hell out of Michael. Also, Libby was only shot once, and I think she'll live.

I think Michael is going to play it like Ana went in to feed Henry, got her gun, shot her, shot Libby, then Michael, and took off.

Did not see that coming.

14. Renegade Retard

I thought Libby was shot twice? Anyways, I agree that Libby probably won't die, because her story line is just getting started and has too many questions still to answer.

BTW - has anyone noticed a pattern with the three deaths so far? All three of them have seen the conclusion of their backstory and gotten to the root of their problems, and it when they finally come to grips with their problems that they get killed. Boone come to grips with his relationship with his sister, Shannon came to grips with people trusting her and found closure in Sayid, and AL came to conclusion with her troubles with the whole "I couldn't do it, I can't do this anymore."

15. Monster w/ 21 Faces

Monster w/ 21 Faces Dear Dumb Police Officers

2 words.

Virtual Psychiatry.

Although I've only seen 3 episodes of season 2.

16. GotBeer?

Michael is not an Other, but he did make an agreement: Trade Henry for Walt. Ana-Lucia had to die to make it look like an escape, and Libby just had the bad fortune of walking in at the wrong time. Michael fired at her twice, and there were 2 holes in the blanket. The shot high and to the left could have bounced off a rib or even missed her completely, but the other was a gut-shot. Michael then shot himself in the shoulder. They show him in a sling in the previews for next week.

Beatard-nice catch on the Hanso photo thing. Wonder what's up with that?

The number's still busy for me, too. Someone recorded the message here.

17. Renegade Retard

.....okay, make it three rough weeks, after getting used by AL.

18. Traxis

Traxis Waiting for the deathblow

I think Libby will die, because the actress who plays her (along with Michelle Rodriguez) was arrested for drunk driving during filming and there were rumors that ABC was making the writers kill her character off.

19. GotBeer?

I've heard that too, but her story isn't told yet.

20. DaBeatard

DaBeatard Mr.How

If that were the case, couldn't he have just told Jack and company that was the deal? That was the whole reason for Jack going in to the jungle in the first place, to trade NotHenry for Walt.

I'm starting to lean towards Michael being an Other now. He's been convinced/brain-washed/forced to work for the Others.