[tv] Lost analysis thread.

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Flak

I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR
May 26, 2004
I guess you get apathetic when you're dead?

GotBeer?

The nozzle is now calibrating
Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I guess you get apathetic when you're dead?
That was my thought, too.

"We have to move the island." - What?!

Is the merc wearing some kind of deadman switch?

And just how old are The Others, anyway?

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
As for the crazy soldier guys, I can't predict anything there right now.
They'll probably just end up getting killed in the season finale without doing too much, like all the other end-of-season antagonists.

GotBeer?

Mar 10, 2004
57th State
I'm hoping for a big showdown between the mercs and The Others. Ben sent his people to a safe place, and I think the head merc got the location from that frakkin' Dharma Initiative flie he took from the safe.

Also, Jack got the pilot's intentions completely backwards.

Flak

May 26, 2004
Ben's and John's moms are both named Emily.

I'm wondering if Claire is really dead or if Jacob was making John have a hallucination. I really doubt they would kill off Claire. Even if being dead makes you apathetic, Claire would still be freaking about Aaron.

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
I'm wondering if Claire is really dead or if Jacob was making John have a hallucination. I really doubt they would kill off Claire. Even if being dead makes you apathetic, Claire would still be freaking about Aaron.

Sorry, what? Where did it say Claire was dead? I don't remember much of the episode before last can someone remind me what happened?

I just assumed that the guy explained everything to Claire and she came to such a realization that it made it seem like her personality changed. :lol:

Balton

The Beast of Worship
Mar 6, 2001
Berlin
I just assumed that the guy explained everything to Claire and she came to such a realization that it made it seem like her personality changed. :lol:

not a personality change but she's in on the destiny-knowing-thing... and it seems like Aaron will be in good hands with Kate.
btw. 'that guy' at least looks like her father... and might even be it.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Until Next time!

Another bang up job on the finale! It was a good blend of a decent ending and a lead into the next season while incorporating enough tension and of course more questions.

And man are there a lot of questions now! Locke is dead? Why does he have an alias? How did he get off the island? What happened to the small Zodiac boat left in the ocean? What about Penny and her crew?

I was reminded tonight that Penny is Mr Whitmore's daughter. Mr Whitmore and Ben are in contention regarding the island. And now Penny is aware of whats happened on the island, and probably knows about Ben too. How will that play into things?

The area where Ben turned that wheel to move the island had more of those ancient ruins and had some inscriptions on some stones nearby. I'm wondering why it was frozen down there.

It seems that 3 years or so have passed since they've gotten off the island. A lot has changed I guess. We still have yet to know who Kate was talking to on the phone a few seasons back, and what the thing is she has to do for Sawyer. Also I'm curious was to what set Kate against Jack so badly when they used to be in love or whatever.

Lastly, it was seriously bugging how they couldn't stop the bomb on the boat. Here they are yacking about cutting wires and all this stuff and of course anything they choose to do would result in it going off. Well why didn't they just take the blasting caps out of the c4? If those went off it might cause minor damage but certainly wouldn't destroy the boat. They also certainly wouldn't detonate by just pulling them out of the C4!

I accept the fact that the boat had to blow up to continue the story in the manner that the writers wanted, but such an obvious solution that was left unused was annoying me badly.

Last edited:

SleepyHe4d

fap fap fap
Jan 20, 2008
Until Next time!

About the bomb, use your imagination man! Assume it was setup to where that wasn't possible. Didn't they say something about a tamper wire anyways? Are you an expert on bombs that is able to recognize that it was setup where you can disarm it easily? :p

About the finale, I find myself not even curious about the island or a bunch of stuff anymore. I'm pretty much satisfied that it's a mysterious island where they do experiments and stuff and I don't even remember what questions I wanted answered in the first place. ><

I'll keep watching though just to see what happens next, but I don't have much thoughts on the finale obviously. :p

Kaithofis

The Seldom Seen Kid
I was reminded tonight that Penny is Mr Whitmore's daughter. Mr Whitmore and Ben are in contention regarding the island. And now Penny is aware of whats happened on the island, and probably knows about Ben too. How will that play into things?
Aye. What's even better is that Ben wants to kill Penelope to get back at Charles (Widmore), because he was semi-responsible for the death of Alex and all that. I'm really glad they kept Desmond alive. It should be interesting to see how that plays out (though I'm afraid Desmond will end up being killed by Ben, trying to protect Penny).

Also I'm curious was to what set Kate against Jack so badly when they used to be in love or whatever.

I'm guessing Jack left Kate after discovering Aaron was his nephew and/or the whole Sawyer thing at the end of ep. 10. In fact, that scene alone may explain most of it.

Also..
Sucks to be Faraday now though. I wonder if they'll bring him back in the next season. Doesn't seem logical, but somehow Daniel always knew more than he should. Hopefully he'll return. Micheal and Jin, I can live without

Flak

May 26, 2004
No, they have to keep Jin, he's hot. He's also a hugely popular character and I doubt they'd kill him off.

The whole moving the island thing left me a little... meh... I don't think it was a shark jumper but it certainly was kind of silly.

Airmoran

Construct
Nov 9, 2004
Yeah, they were building Jin up to something just to have him die in a pretty anti-climatic manner. My guess is that start of the next season (which seems to jump ahead 3 years) he'll be speaking fluent English on the island.

But if they don't go that route, then it's pretty amusing that they killed off both the black and the asian brother in a single swipe.

Last edited:

Super Feen

probably not a skrull
Jun 23, 2001
Erection Cove
I don't think Jin is dead, and imo Sun doesn't believe so either, that's why she went to Widmore, she wants to go back to the island.

Renegade Retard

Defender of the newbie
Dec 18, 2002
TX
Visit site
Aye. What's even better is that Ben wants to kill Penelope to get back at Charles (Widmore), because he was semi-responsible for the death of Alex and all that. I'm really glad they kept Desmond alive. It should be interesting to see how that plays out (though I'm afraid Desmond will end up being killed by Ben, trying to protect Penny).

I'm putting $5 down now that, in the final episode of the show, Desmond kills Ben while defending Penny.

GotBeer?

Mar 10, 2004
57th State
Nice finale!
I'm glad Desmond's alive too. I was thinking right up to the last scene that he might be the person who had died. Changed his name to avoid Penny's dad or something.

And what about the pilot? Wouldn't Widmore notice if he was the only member of the crew to return, and want to get ever scrap of info/kill him? Same with Faraday - I hope he's still alive (I like the goofy behavior), but he'd have to be in hiding or something, right?

I'm thinking Jin jumped off the boat at the last minute. Where he's been for 3 yrs I have no idea, but I think he's still around.

ilkman

Mar 1, 2001
East coast
Its back guys.

Tonights 2 hour premier had some interesting stuff. All in all a great way to get things going again. It doesn't really add any more questions
except for the whole island time jumping thing
and of course doesn't answer any. It just basically picks things up from where we left off last time.