1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[tv] Lost analysis thread.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by ilkman, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Kaithofis

Kaithofis The Seldom Seen Kid

I thought of that too, but what use would Jin be to Ben? Sayid has a history of violence and has several useful skills. Jin doesn't (apart from his time in the army). He doesn't even speak English. I'm guessing that Jin's was a flashback (and Sun's a flashforward) and that Jin either dies on the island or is forced to stay behind.

EDIT, I've watched it again and it's pretty obvious it's a flashback. Jin says that he's a representative of Paik Automotives: The company owned by Sun's father that he worked for before the crash. The shop owner also says that it's the year of the dragon, which is 2000.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  2. Balton

Balton The Beast of Worship

I found it intresting that the captain thinks that Ben has the resources and manpower to stage a fake planewreck complete with 300 dead passengers. Just who is Ben?

3. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

What???

Dude, Jin's entire life before the island was violence. I still say he's working for Ben in a flash-forward. There's more to that story, and I think the insistence on a panda bear may play into it for some reason.

And I don't think it was a Jin flashback. How would it fit? Before he met Sun, he was not associated with Sun father, so that couldn't have happened before they met. I don't think they would have shown us Jin's flashback mixed with Sun's flash forward just to set up the ending. Of course, I may be wrong.

4. Kno One

Kno One in particular

Ren,

Jin's was a flashback. He told the guy he gave the panda to it was a gift from his boss Mr.(please don't ask me to try and spell it), that's Sun's father. Now i don't think that means he's dead, just that he's still stuck on the Island. I'm thinking this way mainly because the "gravestone" Sun and Hugo went to said he died in 2004. So it was either the marker put up after the faked crash site was found, or he HAS to die within a weak of that ep(Island time is now dec, 24, 2004).

5. Kaithofis

The date on the gravestone was Sept. 22nd, which is the date of the crash. That date is just a part of the big cover-up story, so it doesn't mean a thing.

Anyhoo, I'll admit that I slept through most of Jin's flashbacks, hence I forgot about his dirty jobs, so sorry for that part of idiocy. :x
    You could be right about the flash-forward, but it's not that likely. Jin probably wanted the panda because it's China's national emblem, making it the perfect gift to give the Chinese ambassador. If Mr. Paik insisted that Jin would get a panda bear, then it's no surprise that he paid 30.000 won more for one. Especially because this gift would've opened the path of Paik Automotives to China, so to say. His head would roll if he didn't make a good impression on the ambassador.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2008
  6. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

In the flashback he says he's been married for two months, so he does know Sun. I think it was Jin's flashback and Sun's flash forward, just very sloppily put together by the writers to set up the ending.

7. GotBeer?

GotBeer? The nozzle is now calibrating

Jin's was a flashback. Would Sun's dad keep him employed while letting his daughter think her husband is dead? Would Jin allow that? I don't think so.

So, with a plane in the water, are the Oceanic 6 supposed to have survived that crash? Is the "wreckage" missing those 6 particular bodies?

8. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

zomg is it on again tomorrow night??!!!?

?

9. Angel_Mapper

Angel_Mapper Goooooooats

Is what on the what now?

10. Kaithofis

Happy times resume tomorrow night.
    Or friday morning for me :x

11. Renegade Retard

Renegade Retard Defender of the newbie

mental...overload...

12. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

Holy crap. Great episode. :D

I can't think of anything to analyse. :p

13. ilkman

ilkman The Outcast God

That was a great episode alright. I think it answered a lot of questions.

14. SleepyHe4d

SleepyHe4d fap fap fap

Yeah good episode, but what did it answer or cause a mental overload from? :eek:

15. Flak

Flak I am Gamer, hear me Pwn. RAWR

Wow that was really good!

16. GotBeer?

RIP Alex :(

17. Flak

I bet lots of people had crushes on her. I'm ok unless they kill off Sayid. Then I'd probably stop watching. :p <3

18. Slainchild

Slainchild Gold Member

She was a whiny little bitch though

19. GotBeer?

Whiny maybe, but hot.

So we now know why Sayid is working for Ben in the future: Revenge.

Ben seemed just a little bit surprised to find himself in the middle of the desert. His conversation with Whitmore did not help clear anything up, by the way.

20. Flak

Ben kept mentioning Whidmore broke the rules. It made me start to wonder if they aren't playing some kind of game. They figured out, or at least discovered time travel, maybe they decided to have a bet. What the prize is or what the bet is I don't know. It is getting really interesting though. I'm glad they figured out people want to watch the sci fi stuff more than the kissy lovey crap they had last season; they've got my interest again.