1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

[TV]HBO John Adams series

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by N1ghtmare, Mar 30, 2008.

1. N1ghtmare

N1ghtmare Sweet Dreams

How many of you have been watching this mini-series? Ive seen all parts and I think its the best American historical television show. It certainly put another side to the "Boston massacre" and how the revolution played out.

(This show might not be to much concern to people other than Americans)

2. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

I've tried on three different occasions to get into it, and failed. I maintain that HBO tends to make awesome miniseries/series on their station (Rome, Band of Brothers, From the Earth to The Moon, Sopranos, Carnivale, ect). But this was like Deadwood all over again for me; A show everyone seems to be talking about and one I can't seem to watch for more then twenty minutes.

In Treatment, however, is really interesting to me for some reason.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2008
  3. Lizard Of Oz

Lizard Of Oz Demented Avenger

Been watching and will continue to do so. I find it an interesting perspective on an often told story.

4. Kou

Kou Augmentations > You

Funny, I only know about this because my father decided to watch it in my room tonight. It looked interesting, but I have to confess that Rome was more interesting to me.

5. Mister_Prophet

Mister_Prophet .

Rome was awesome :tup:

6. ZenPirate

ZenPirate Living Legend (and moderator)

Indeed. So far my favorite "episode" has been the one where he defends the British soldiers (Boston Massacre).

7. Jacks:Revenge

Jacks:Revenge ╠╣E╚╚O

If it's on HBO I'm watching it.

I'm spoiled on their shows to the point I can't get into anything on network TV (besides the fact that 90% are horrible crime dramas anyway). Lately I've been a little upset with HBO and their "this show costs too much even though it owns our other shows" policy.

The Sopranos had its run, that's fine. But to cancel Deadwood and Rome only to keep the cheap crap like Entourage and Big Love, gimme' a break. Those shows are a lot better than what's on the networks but pale in comparison to their big, original projects. In Entourage everyone is wearing modern clothes and walking around LA, it's cheap as sh*t to make and this comes through in the final production.

On topic, John Adams has been really satisfying so far. For a story that's been told a hundred thousand times this is probably the best way to experience it so far. It's giving me Deadwood nostalgia (this is a good thing) with its period-accurate writing in the mannerisms, jargon, and the attention to detail in set design and costumes. Brilliant :tup: