1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

tutorial: How to modify yourself the Weapons position with IBT

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by Vega-don, Feb 17, 2006.

1. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

this is a simple tutorial explaining how you can modifiy the weapon position using ibt mutator.
    for example like conglomera did with Famas, g36, mp5 eod sight.

Install IBT mutator

first go into

ut\system

open infued.

open the actor class browser.

inside the actor class browser . do : File: open package : open infballisticktweak.u . open it.

then it loads. click on actor/ inventory/ weapon/ tournament weapon/ infcweapon.

now you have a list of guns.

for each gun you have INF_cGun and IBT_cGun

for example INF_cFAMAS. and IBT_cFAMAS

click for example on IBT_cfamas to modify the famas with ibt mutator. right click, default properties.

you have a ****load of properties.

now if you want to modify the aim view,you click on INFOffsets.

then on Aimviewoffstet.

for the famas with IBT the X is changed to 5.885 . if you compare with the INF_c Famas the X factor is 5.50.

5.50 is closer and 5.885 is further. i dont know if theires max limits but you can tweak everygun for your offline testing or pleasure.

for the mp5a2 wit eod, the normal (close to the screen) number is -3.5 and the modified ibt view is -3.0 . -3.0 is bigger than -3.5

taking the example of the mp5a2 , if you want to modify the view with eod, you have to change all the subclasses whose name is starting with ibt_mp5a2EO, or it will only work with one of the attachement setups using the EOD sight.

things get harder with the m16a4 it has so many subclasses.

now that you made your changes . select infballistic tweak in the bottom of the actor class browser. once selected Save.

now you can play offline and test the changes. you can even have INF open and modify things with ued at the same time. maybe youll have to reload your inf match if i remember right.

you can modify many others things with the weapons , i have no idea exactly what it does so you can just discover by yourself.

do not modify inf_cweapons. only IBT_cweapons

after you modified this you cannot connect on a server with ibt because your version is different from the server.

rename your personnal mutator with your tweaks in the inf system directory
    when trying to connect to the server which has ibt.

2. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

awww.ww.www what a bad idea.

This is really something for developpers and they don't really need the tutarial. Plus, you should put a HUGE disclaimer that this breaks the compatibility with "official" versions of IBT (thus Missmatch nightmare).

I know you mention it but it is not clear enough in your post.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2006
  3. Vega-don

non mais jai fait ca car des joueurs voulant faire des test offline mon demandé

4. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

Ouaip, et j'ajouterai qu'il est moche de décourager les initiatives dans une communauté qui s'effrite de jour en jour.

edit: Mais heureusement, la communauté n'appartient à personne et sa diversité fait sa richesse.

Quick translation: Encourage the initiatives.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2006
  5. geogob

Well maybe, but posting this without any further explanation or warning is still not a good idea.

The issues new players have with missmatches is already bad. If servers start to run 10 different versions of IBT, you'll have even less players. Wanting to do that offline is good, but I bet its only a question of time that we'll see "customised" IBT on servers.

Initiatives is one thing. A technical post way above the average player regarding modding without proper warnings is what I call begging for trouble.

6. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

I agree, i dont think its a Don's wish, for now IBT is beta and on only one server.

@Don: Ask conglomera, there must be a way to set these properties from an ini file.
    edit: and server side only for online gaming to prevent "tweaks cheats"

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  7. - Lich -

- Lich - New Member

Argh! NO customizable version of IBT please ! That might get even worse than now, when it is server side (5 different famas anyone?!). Or when its client side you might be abled to get the old g36 bug back and stuff like that! No ini for stuff like that, even an ini for switching of some settings might be a nightmare cause you will never know what happens when joining an ibt server.

8. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

well i said server side only ok, but the idea is to allow it only on clients that don't play online. Else the server set back these properties.
    It's just about weapon position and i don't think server admins would find any interest to toy with these values.

edit:
    while we are on it, i think there still few things people and server admins would disable from an ini file (like Drop weapons feature).
    Then may come the "split community problem", but whatever my server will follow people wishes.

edit2: About "limited values on online games", DTAS mutator does it well.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2006
  9. Maverick_[GER]

Maverick_[GER] New Member

Agree to Lich.

10. geogob

Thats another problem... too many different game version and you'll lose the interest of Infiltration players. Actually, I don't play on any IBT server for that reason.

11. ant75

ant75 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Geo, the same could have been said about RT when it was still used... IBT still needs some work, but it's a very good mutator, you really should try it.

Anyway, i don't see a problem with people modifying IBT for their own use. If they have a mismatch hell, that's their own problem to solve.

12. geogob

I'm not saying it's not good. I'm saying that everytime I try to connect I get missmatches. If over that now all servers that run IBT run with different settings and modification, not only will it be a missmatch hell, but above all you'll never know what game you are playing.

13. ant75

ant75 aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I don't think that was the intent of this thread (i hope not at least) and i don't think people are stupid enough to put online a modified mutator without the consent of its author and without changing the version number. Otherwise i'll be on the front line to bitch about it believe me.

14. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit

Baahh, maybe an "official beta release" with a real link to it...like we asked.

@Don: I will help you for that, just ask !

15. Vega-don

at lemon : doing what?

at geogob, thats because when released ibt changed versions quick but now it doesnt change anymore , and if you delete IBT you download from the server and you can join.

16. Lemon.fr

Lemon.fr SkaarjFruit