1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Turok 3 Uses Unreal Engine 3 - Pics

Discussion in 'News & Articles' started by Prophetus, May 7, 2006.

1. Prophetus

Prophetus Old Fart

Turok was one of my all time favorites, mainly because of the weapons. Now the latest version peaks my interest because of the graphics, and what looks to be good game-play.

Turok 3 will appear on the upcoming PS3 and the graphics look amazing. Head over to IGN and take a look at the three wallpapers. The last wallpaper shows a dinosaur getting hammered.

2. DeathBooger

DeathBooger Malcolm's Sugar Daddy

Looks like Turok got reinvented again.

3. Gnome

Gnome The Gnome that knows

I didn't realize UE3 was also the leading edge in fog rendering technology--I can see why it's the obvious choice!!

The games were fun, but OH GOD THE FOG!!

4. T2A`

T2A` I'm dead.

Hmm... Obviously they aren't aware that tyrannosauruses weren't 50 feet tall. Not that 15-20 feet is small, but still. :p

5. L0cky

L0cky UT Envious

They obviously didn't realise men and dinosaurs didn't live together either :p

6. Alopexau

Alopexau New Member

Turok badly needs revitalization, the abysmal Turok Evolution still leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Here's hoping this one fits the bill AND comes to PC.

7. NRG

NRG Master Console Hater

Looks like blood continuously gushes from wounds. :D:tup:

8. communist

communist New Member

Looks great now lets just hope its more than insane amounts of blood, fog, and jumping puzzles like in the last games. They were desperately trying to catch up with fun games (GE&PD) too far out of their reach ;)

But this is developed by a different dev isnt it? Cause Acclaim went belly up and I dont think the original devs studio still exist and someone bought the Turok IP some moons ago.

Last edited: May 7, 2006
  9. nELsOn

nELsOn bSnakeCastShadow = True

for some reason i just had to laugh when i read this... the combination of the gushing blood and smiley and thumbs up... :lol:

did anyone else ever notice that after 'jurassic park' (movie - not the strange game) all the t-rex(es) in games and movies look like the t-rex from 'jurassic park'?! even in 'king kong' and now he's made his way into the unreal engine... :eek:

i've played turok 2 yeeeaaars ago but i still remember it was a fun game to play. if this one comes out for pc i guess i'll give it a try, looks pretty nice :)

10. Monster w/ 21 Faces

Monster w/ 21 Faces Dear Dumb Police Officers

The savage land is an alternative dimension. It's not the past.

11. Turboman

Turboman deRegistered user

12. Monster w/ 21 Faces

I think it ignores everything that happened after Turok 2. Like the new superman movie.

13. toniglandyl

toniglandyl internal data fragmentation : 62203480%

so it's like if they renamed "quake 4" "quake 3" since it's the sequel of quake 2 :confused:

Last edited: May 7, 2006
  14. virgo47

virgo47 Waiting for next UT

Whatever! I remember Turok and I want it again! :) Also, it is one of my fav game sound-tracks. Port of Adia 4tw! :) Jeezu, I was so young. :p

15. In-The-Jungle

In-The-Jungle New Member

So stoked about this. Loved the Turok games, and was hoping it'd get picked up after Acclaim went under. Damn! Another reason why the deal is sealed with the PS3 for me. Does anyone have any info on who the devs/pubs are? So happy!

I agree virgo, the OSTs were great. I ripped the OST from the Turok cartridge. Man, I remember playing Turok so long ago . . . such a little git I was. :( :(

16. d3th

d3th Guest

heheheheheh...... he said "hammered".

17. Quaglax

Quaglax May the funk be with you...

I've only played the first Turok and it rocked my socks back in the day! I heard the rest suck so I didnt bother to give them a chance but this looks very interesting....cant wait!

18. NeoNight

NeoNight Lurker

I remember the old skool turok games they were great! well 2 of them were and that arena combat game was nice too.

19. Monster w/ 21 Faces

Propaganda games. It's for Xbox 360 too.

20. Capt.Toilet

Capt.Toilet Good news everyone!

Its Turok 5 if anything, but its a simple typo. Things i liked about the article

-Weapons are going to be awesome like previous Turok games :D
    -Jungle Jungle Jungle :)
    -No scripted AI :)

Some of the bad
    -None of the heros from any of the games had the last name of Turok. There was Joseph Fireseed and Tal-Set(sp) and a few others. The name Turok was described in Turok:Evolution. I seriously hope they dont fubar the story :(