UE1 - UT Turning off dynamic lighting for triggered lights

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Eyuva 'S' NRG

dont mess with the toilet monster
Apr 27, 2000
Toilet
Visit site
Is there a way to do this.

I have a triggered lightning storm that I would like to be a fixed element of gameplay. (Turning off dynamic lights changes the gameplay because it effects player visibility - it's a subtle but important element)

For example, if I were to create a red alert scenario where by the lights go out and suddenly flash red... a player turning off dynamic lights would mess with that gameplay.

I read somewhere there is a setting called bDynamicLights =true/false, but I couldn't find it in any of the triggered light settings.

If I could turn off the dynamic light setting it would force the lights to be a part of the map.

Wormbo

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 4, 2001
Germany
www.koehler-homepage.de
There's only a console command to change the setting:
Code:
set ini:Engine.Engine.ViewportManager NoDynamicLights [True/False]
You can execute it via the ConsoleCommand() function, but that won't prevent players from changing it again.