Tuck and roll!

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
If this has already been brought up, please just nuke this thread.

Could we possibly have a tuck and roll manuver for our lowley soldiers out there in the field who have to get down from a height that would normally hurt them? Please?? : ) Maybe just make it a 50/50 shot of reducing damage or not *shrugs*

Thanks

Streaks

Smith and Wesson - The first point and click device!

Mar 19, 2001
San Diego, CA
Now what would be cool is if the backpacks wern't part of the player model and you could take them off and toss them down and then jump reducing the damage. Then press the grab key to pick it up. Backpacks would need to provide gear or something then otherwise there is no point in picking it up. Maybe in the future you would need a backpack to carry NVGs or binoculars or bandaids or something and then this could be implimented. Could someone in the military post information about what soilders normally would carry in their backpack into a combat zone?

Streaks

Crunchings and munchings!
Mar 25, 2001
VA
www.incomeforliving.com
Personally, I don't always depend on how the map is "intended". I'll often find my own way around a map and often, to get to a good ambush point, I have to drop off a ledge. Now, grant it, these are often 10-20+' drops but, a healthy person who's trained should be able to tuck and roll well enough to stand a good chance of having no damage (other than maybe scuffs or an ankle sprang) incurred(sp) from the drop.

That, and being able to lower oneself over a ledge to drop or just hide etc, would be cool : )

And yes, the removable backpack would be cool. But from what I've read it looks like they may be putting that in the game anyway : )

Streaks

Keganator

White as Snow Moderator
Jun 19, 2001
PR's Barracks
www.kegnet.net
Originally posted by /=-
Now what would be cool is if the backpacks wern't part of the player model and you could take them off and toss them down and then jump reducing the damage. Then press the grab key to pick it up. Backpacks would need to provide gear or something then otherwise there is no point in picking it up. Maybe in the future you would need a backpack to carry NVGs or binoculars or bandaids or something and then this could be implimented. Could someone in the military post information about what soilders normally would carry in their backpack into a combat zone?

Um, Tiffy had a really good post in a different thread; he doesn't post much, so you could probably find it pretty easilly.

And for 2.87, check the frontpage: Attached backpacks might just happen!!!