1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

True Scale 29

Discussion in 'Infiltration Development' started by TOAD, Dec 19, 2003.

1. TOAD

TOAD One team...one life...one chance

Features/Tweaks:

1) Optional 45 degree FOV mode
    2) New weapon bob system
    3) Scope tweaks
    4) Ballistic tweaks
    5) Integrated rolling nade
    6) Ricochet tweaks
    7) Adjust gravity to Earth's setting

http://home.planet.nl/~baas0504/ts29.zip

2. AlmostAlive

AlmostAlive Active Member

Allthough I recognize your efforts, I've been playing straight up 2.9 for over a year and I'm still not tired of it. I'll give it a go when/if I get bored with the vanilla version.

3. FieldMedic

FieldMedic Less good UT Player ever

Thanks a lot for this mutator , i enjoy it very much with all my other offline muties as RandomTeamSpawn ,NoActorSniper and TWT_Zombies.

A great piece of work. It gives more variations to my INF2.9 offline games
    thanks again TOAD

4. Deathrow

Deathrow known as LifeRow

Thanks for the mutie Toad.
    Looking good!

My wishes:
    - Don't forget all the blood and flying heads, bones etc. in the future (like in ra286). And those nice nades.

- I got a suggestion (if it's not too complicated to achieve). When someone is hit by a bullet... a bullet leaves a hole where it hit the person. Would be nice to see where did I hit the enemy (Example: The bitch that killed all my reinforcements finally caught bullet between the eyes :) )
    Same bullet hole as for wall could be used... maybe just painted red.
    Not really gameplay relavant but would look so much better. And would be another bit closer to --As real as it gets--. Unless of course UT engine isn't capable of doing it.

Sniping is hard (it's already hard in 'vanilla'). I believe magnification and fov on snipers are realistic but sniping with such a small fov is major pain in the ass. Just MHO.

Keep up your great work !

5. [SOB]bAd ChIcKeN

[SOB]bAd ChIcKeN Free-Range Pain the Ass

Sorry but I dont see why this is needed already, though like Almost I appluade anyone who takes time to code as I dont know a farking thing about coding. But I plan on playing Vanilla (+ report direction and INFGPS) for a while to come.

I hope the community doesnt get this elitest attitude that we (those that play a mutie of some sort) are somehow better than others. We all see how that played out last time :(. But I do see the point of getting the most out of your INF experience. Just so long as it isnt at the expense or degredation of others.

Please dont read into the last paragragh, I am no authority and claim none. Just like to see this Mod get the respect it deserves and if the flame wars of the pre-2.9 era return it can't be a good thing right?

6. jaymian

jaymian Sweet Merciful Crap!

Damn. I don't even know 2.9 yet. You guys are fast. Maybe too fast.

7. kungpaosamuraiii

kungpaosamuraiii HOVER TANKS

I don't care, I think we should just be accepting about how people want to play even if I preferred it we all play the same.

I don't mind whatever the gameplay is anymore. I'll just play it to play not to play this way or that way.

8. Vega-don

Vega-don arreté pour detention de tomate prohibée

i dont understand why you need to change the gravity or the balistics since you obviously haven't even tested the standart ballistic or gravity, or ricochets...whatever.

9. Cleeus[JgKdo]

Cleeus[JgKdo] because respawns suck

I think it is MUCH too early for muts that change the gameplay through the physics and/or weapon behaviour:(. There are other ways of changing the gameplay.
    INF2.9 is very good, still it is different from RAV2 but it is good and until we are not bored i don't think such a big mutator should be published.

10. geogob

geogob Koohii o nomimasu ka?

Again, I'm a big fan of RaV2 and even more Ra286. But I have to agree that it is too early. I'm only starting to understand INF2.9.

But I'll give it a look anyway out of curiosity! Maybe it's really more interesting, that I can't say yet.

11. LongJohn

LongJohn FOOL of Duty

I really hope that everybody who gives this mut a trial (and other upcoming gameplay changing muts) reminds the RA blood feud :(

@TOAD: Each developer of a mutator which claims to correct the gameplay (=>True Scale) is in charge to preserve the revitalised (but still small) community. Are you prepared to accept this heavy responsibility?

12. Paskunx

Paskunx New Member

1. Good job TOAD, thanx

2. When they say its too early, that means they say it ;)
    nevermind.

3. Hope you dont claim this release of TS a final version.
    I found a bug after just like 5 minutes of testing: gunsight works well with weapons that came with players/bots loadouts, but doesnt work with preplaced weapons like e.q. these on shooting range. Thats really minor, but afterall, worth correcting.

13. TOAD

Thanks, and no this is only an early beta of TS. It's going to be a continueing developement. I'm also awared of the preplaced weapons bug, because TS uses its own weapons. Not too many maps that has weapons laying around to be a big concern though. My next objective is to implement bleeding.

14. TOAD

yes very obvious...

15. Da_Blade

Da_Blade Da sharpest man around!

Euhm... might be me but i don't see why some people felt the need to go bash toad simply because he made some adjustments he felt were apropriate? Is anyone forced to using this mutie?

I can't help but think that if yurch or some other "respected" member of the community released this very same mutie everyone would be a lot more serious about this. But hey, it's only TOAD who made this now, he's not part of the posse. Sometimes the inf community reminds me more of a mob then anything else.

Still haven't tried the mutie TOAD. I'll hope to fire it up though tomorrow.

16. spm1138

spm1138 Irony Is

Er... go check out Yurches Antics re: RaV3.

This isn't special treatment.

People are just reiterating what was said about realaim.

17. Cleeus[JgKdo]

Cleeus[JgKdo] because respawns suck

i'd have said the very same to yurch if he had released a rav3

18. NTKB

NTKB Banned

Ok yes it is really early to release so much game altering mods, however are they in mutator form? where you can select one of each in that list? As it is different servers now are running different types of radar and other mutators, so I dont see how TOADs mod would be any different.

Im not saying I like it because I never liked the zoom in RA286. Or the reduced recoil and the healing. Besides that the bleeding to death and all that is fine. I think mods like that which could be added to a server couild and should be released as soon as possible. This would allow a server admin power over which mutator he desires to use. :tup:

19. FieldMedic

FieldMedic Less good UT Player ever

Actually, there are servers that run Report Direction mutator.
    Other run UTCompass mutator. Other run Yurch's sounds and there are some that run more etc ...
    So with that logic, the "all together" community doesnt exist anymore since RD or other muties were used.
    As the communications on a RD server are not the same as in a no-RD server, for people really using this mutator , you can try to give good hints about position (X,Y,Z) and heading and this doesnt exist in no-RD server .
    And how about the UTCompass ? It changes a lot the teamplay, as any guy can understand easily where his teammate(s) is when he just say something. With this ability to locate your team very easily , you can support them with the same ease , you can setup flanks attack easily etc ... you see the point.
    Not the same way to play on a no-UTCompass server , not same "tactics".

There is no mutator conspiracy :D : mutators are there to give variety in INF gaming choice and it is good.

Even on the vanilla - rav2 times : what was the problem ingame ? there was no-one , as people were playing the way they wanted.
    The only problem was due to some not-so-smart people that just thought that it was intelligent to flame the guy from the "other side" , this problem was not present on server but in forum stupidity.
    And there too i failed to see where there was the "community split" : the game was dying as vanilla was fun for some people, and those people stayed playing only because the ra mutator was created by yurch.
    So what if yurch didnt made ra , to not have the 2.86 "community split" ?
    just a part of the community that will be playing other games instead of INF.

About Toad mutator , it seems that server admins think it is too early to include this mutator on one of their server, or just dont like some of its feature, so there is no problem : you will not play this mutator online before a long time, you will play with other muties during that time or not muties at all online.
    Again : no "community split" to worry about

So that is why i continue to not see why Toad mutator is "dangerous" , as it will be played offline for a long time.
    I enjoy a lot playing offline gameplay mutators for INF , and i dont understand why some people want coders not to make muties.
    And i enjoy a lot playing on RD servers online. As i enjoyed a lot playing on no-RD servers (because it wasnt out yet).

Last edited: Dec 20, 2003
  20. LongJohn

LongJohn FOOL of Duty

There's a big difference between muts that extends INF and muts that changes its features - Especially if the mut claims to correct something or to enhance the (well balanced) realism by modifying the existing features.

I would see no problem with e.g. adding a bleeding system, because this would add a separated and identifiable challenge to the game and no one would (hopefully) unlearn or dislike to play INF 2.9 as member of the (standard) community.
    2.86 vanilla, RAv1 and RAv2 were so much different to each other that nearly no interstlye matches happend (not to mention leagues, etc.). This can happen again.

2.86 definitively is an other story. 2.86 was really buggy - and desperately needed a fix - which never appeared :(
    Many peope regarded RAv1 (and lesser RAv2) as a fix - Many not - 2.87 seems unreachable - The community splits.
    No fault of yurch. He did his best. But now there's no need for a "fix" - 2.9 is not buggy at all.

Personally I don't think (hope?) this mut (or other like it) has the power to split the community. But why take the risk? There's so much to explore with the (still) brand new INF. I really see no sense in changing something of its essence.

I don't want to bash TOAD for his creation, but as for me he's wasting his talent.
    At first he should play - As I should instead of writing this ;)
    Or he should use his coding skills to add useful and / or interesting features.
    But this work is a wrong approach - IMO