1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trip Mines!!

Discussion in 'Concept Discussion Board' started by aximilli_28, Jun 22, 2001.

1. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

CHEESE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I noticed the U N.

Weapons in Pain:
    Painful Rifle
    Painful Shotgun
    Sparker
    Working on A4PL (Air Pressure Powered Poison Projectile Launcher)
    Haven't started Nitroglycerin Squirt Gun
    Thinking of modes for some 4 barreled multimode gun

Shall I describe them?

Edit:
    Hey, I figured out that avator or whatever thingy! Now I have a freaky face under my name! YEAH!

Last edited: Jul 2, 2001
  2. Neuroflare

Neuroflare Brewer - Patriot

PAGES MAN PAGES

Smoke:Do you have a web page though.

Postal, Kang:I want to get hosted at wod, but since i dont have any material, i kinda can't unless they somehow decide you want to host me, then I'll be happy. *WINK* *WINK* *WINK* *WINK*

Dragonfly:I didn't really think of a Nali Llama as a character class, although it is a better way than my idea was. I was think of something like a two legged llama, kind of like the nali cow is a two legged cow thing.

Everybody:Visit my page and give me comments on it like design and friendliness : http://neuroflare.tripod.com/

3. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Corn nuts are disgusting!

I have no web page. I worked on the A4PL a bit. Now it's better than it was, and I'll put it into the pack soon. Next I'll make the nitroglycerine squirt gun.

4. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

Dragonfly_of_Forgery long gone

It seems like this is the anything thread, so:

I'm going to make a sniper thinggy. A laser-sniper-rifle-thinggy. No, a guided-laser-sniper-rifle-thinggy.

You have a little window in the corner of the screen showing a zoomed view. Primary fire fires a little laserbolt which gets more powerful as it flies (so its good for long range sniping but bad for close range). The shots are guided to wherever your crosshair is.

Does it sound cool? Secondary fire might deactivate guiding or something.

And a melee weapon - I want a weapon which is easier to deflect projectiles with than the hammer. It will probably auto-defect every second so that shots just blow past you.

Is anyone willing to beta test Seekers 6? Its really cool.

Target Hunt 2 is going to be cool too. But when I made the HUD, I first put it in the hunting rifle's Postrender.

Later I moved it into a real HUD and it made huge lag.
    M-M-M-M-MONSTER lag.

I think I've fixed it but haven't tested it yet.

I have a new version of my webpage. I'd like you to tell me if its better or worse than my old one. At the moment, I'd rather keep the old but if the new is better then I'll change.

New site test: www.forgery.f2s.com
    current site: www.planetunreal.com/wod/forgery

5. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

Oh, more thing * 1.

If you've played ChaosUT you'll know that the proxys talk and its really funny. (...) Also, in Deus Ex the robots talk ("Scanning area... Target Aquired!")

And so I though, "Why don't protectors talk?"

And the answer was, "Because you haven't made them talk, stupid".

But anyway, do you think it would be fun if the protectors talked?

If I do do this, I don't know what kind of personality to give them. Have you got any ideas? Why don't you add to my list...

1) Yelling, insulting voices.
    "Hahaha, killed him!", "Wait up, moron!"

2) Boring as heck. Kinda like the Half-Life or Red Alert announcement voices.
    "Target destroyed.", "Owner lost"

3) Intelligent, polite computer such as HAL or one of those talking cars.
    "I've destroyed our pursuer, sir.", "Sir, I've lost visual contact with you".

4) ...

6. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Horse raddishes!

New look is good. I did some more work on the A4PL. Hey Dragonfly, how do you make a texture have that chrome effect? It'd be good for the poison gas grenade.

Edit: Just saw that second post o' yours. Make it have my personality! I could shout all kinds of funky stuff and then increase the frequency to make it sound really maniacal! Or you could just wait for Ablosquilmawa for that kinda stuff if you wanted. Either that, or da HAL type. Make it be all monotome 'n' stuff.

7. Neuroflare

No webpage huh...

Smoke: Wanna join forces with me in the webpage business? I could post your stuff and give you a column that you email to me, and I'll upload it onto my home page (I'm a cheater 'cause i use dreamworks). It could work...

Dragonfly: I think you should use a really annoying voice that says really annoying things snd the more random event x happens, the more frequently it spouts out stuff so eventually evey 3 seconds it says something and is really annoying.

Everyone: I hope everybody visit's my page frequently so as to give me comments on it. It's nice looking according to most of the people who visit it (most being me and me only). I wonder if WOD could tell the world of me. I've never had more than 75 hits on any given page ive ever had. http://neuroflare.tripod.com/

8. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

The Chrome effect: Well, all my chrome textures are just original textures with altered tint, but make an object shiny:

bMeshEnviroMap=true
    bUnlit=true
    Drawscale=0.5
    Texture=Texture'botpack.Skins.studmap'

I think that texture is one of them. Just look around for a chrome texture in UT.

The mechgun used to use a texture called Silver I think.

The voice - I don't really want it to be comical (I think that it would get boring quite quickly).

Do you like my new avitar?

[edit]I also think that the inverted U is cool.

But it kinda has negative symbolism, dosen't it? I mean, an inverted[/] UT symbol. Sounds a bit anti-UT.[/edit]

9. Neuroflare

No Sybolism

I didnt use any real symbolism other than the upside down 'u' is the beginnig of my beloved alias 'n'euroflare. Plus your avatar looks pretty cool.

10. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Plum

Neuroflare: Sure.

Dragonfly: I like the HAL idea, then. So is it the texture that defines its chrominess, or those props that you define?

11. Dragonfly_of_Forgery

The bEnviroMap makes the texture all moving and reflective.

But the texture has to look reflective, because it dosen't really get reflections or anything.

just try it and see.

Neuroflare - thanks.

BTW, I just got your email and I want to ask the public:

On my site, do the 'backwards dates' annoy you?

If it is annoying a lot of people I'll change it.

12. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

'Things'

Yes, I know it doesn't actually reflect things, it's the same in HL.

Backwardness do I enjoy! Slashes do I not. Write dates as here described: 52 October, 1524. Less confusing is it as such, yet backwards is it still. That's enough of that.

13. Neuroflare

Smoke: With your nitro squirtgun in pain, if you haven't alredy thought of it, as a secondary fire, you should be able to throw the squirt gun and have it explode. That'd be sweet.

Dragonfly: I dont really care about the backwards dates, i just wanted to poke some fun at you. But, do you think they're backwards because your tiolets flush clockwise?

14. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Bwarg

Nitro squirt gun: it's gonna use things that look like health viles for ammo, and I was gonna make secondary be throwing/ launching vials of nitroglycerine.

15. Neuroflare

...maybe

How would it fire the vials... would the player stick it on the front then the NRPS (nitro rocket propulsion system) kicks in and fires it like rocket and it blows up like a redeemer??? My idea is more fun.

16. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

False!

A: I had an idea, but thought of a solution, nevermind A.
    B: I already made it shoot da vials and i's all good-like.
    C: I already did it my way, so too bad.
    D: I feel not like copying Perfect Dark's dragon or super dragon (can't remember which had da grenade launcher and which had da lay as proximety mine).

Dah, my sparker is weak compared to, like, every other weapon except maybe the A4PL. Oh well, who cares if da shotgun and nitroglycerine squirtgun are more powerful? So the weapons won't all be perfectly ballanced! They're all cool! Now I gotta start working on my flamethrower (really scary)... Oh yeah, and make some skins for da NGSG. Since I seem to be having more questions answered here than in da help place, what should some modes be for my quad barelled multi-mode gun be? I have one or two, but I still need 52 or so more (okay, maybe less than that, but it's gonna have a LOT! YEAH!). Oh yeah, and what should the nitroglycerine do when it hits water?

Here's some more cheese.

17. Neuroflare

2 choices

It should:
    A) Do nothing
    B)Make all the water explode and everyone dies and all the nitro stuff on the level is gone for 1 minute.

18. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

Question Mark?

It should do A, then proceed to B, or are they two choices for me?

19. Neuroflare

they're seperate. I think you should go with A though, because B is a joke.

20. Smoke39

Smoke39 whatever

I wish I could say I made up the word yarblat...

So just make it disappear? I was thinking of making it float near the surface and be almost invisible, and when someone touches it, BOOM! HAW HAW!

Someone think of modez for my multi-mode gun! Please?

Hey, look, more cheese (maybe I should just put da cheese in my sig?)!