UE1 - UT Trigger Colisions Not Working

• Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

The Good Doctor F

Detailed BSP Recoveree
Jan 23, 2011
www.atomiccrowbar.com
So I'm trying to make a door open, but I want it to open before the player gets there so that they can run right through, no having to hit the door in order to open it.

So I set the collision radius to 128, but in game, the trigger only activates when I touch it, not when I enter the radius of it.

Is there some sort of setting I'm missing here?

Help :(

The Good Doctor F

Detailed BSP Recoveree
Jan 23, 2011
www.atomiccrowbar.com
Here are the properties of the trigger I'm using.
triggerhelp.jpg

Bloeb

Mar 21, 2010
There's nothing wrong with the trigger-settings. Perhaps the door/mover has the wrong settings.

Also, you might want to change the collision-height, but it won't solve your problem.

Last edited:

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
128 is a very small radius, not much larger than the player model is tall. Add something into the "message" box and you'll see immediately when its triggered, then just remove that after you finish testing. Most likely you really need a larger collision radius since you will be well away from the door.

Metalfist

Nov 6, 2010
Trigger:
Event
- Event: Door_8

Mover (door):
Event:
- Tag: Door_8

Mover:
-bUseTriggered: True

(and set dropmenu of mover ->movers->key 1 of the mover ofc. and set it back to base key 0) If a red line is going from the trigger to the mover, you will know that it's connected.

Rebuild

Bloeb

Mar 21, 2010
Metalfist, the bUseTriggered-property is used for triggering movers manually by players. In most cases you want to set that property to false.

gopostal

Jan 19, 2006
Making that true also allows you to cheat the mover into cycling without using the trigger.

The Good Doctor F

Detailed BSP Recoveree
Jan 23, 2011
www.atomiccrowbar.com
Nope. Still not working. Door only opens when I touch the door. The trigger is indeed activated when I enter its radius (input text into the message property of the trigger), but wont open until I touch the door.

Fuzz_Ball

Aug 18, 2010
AZUSA
Did you set the Object>Initial State of the mover to TriggerControl (or whatever you need it to do)?

BB Drac made a pretty good series of Ed tutorials:
http://www.rkart.us/work/unreal/Ued2.0Toots/ut_ued.html
You ought to follow the mover ones until you get comfortable with them.

Just for the record, Drac's site is still up and possibly has a more up to date collection of ued tutorials. Looks like he's caught the UT bug again and mentions adding more stuff as of Feb 2011!! :tup:

http://www.birrabrothers.com/drac/index.php?dsps=3