1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

UE1 - UT trigerd lights and mover lighting question

Discussion in 'Mapping' started by K, May 28, 2008.

1. K

K i bite

Ok so i have this walkway that comes out of a wall when you flip switch #1
    The switch works fine and is connected to a dispatcher.
    Dispatcher set to extend walkway and works fine.

Problem:
    1.I want a red light on the wall to rotate like a siren when the walkway is extended to use. I tried to use trigger light actor but i cant get it to stay off till its triggered.
    it is tagged and listed in the dispatcher events. puzzled.:?

2.Also my walkway is not lit when it comes out of the wall even though there is a light right above it! How do i get it to be lit not cloaked in shadow? Special light it? :roll:

Any help is appreciated. I have tried different methods and i cant seem to figure out the right way to do this to get it to work.

2. DonJeffrey

DonJeffrey New Member

Dont know if it works but make a static mesh that has a opening where you want the light to shine out. And let it rotate.
    And add a light in it that casts dynamic shadow.

3. K

K i bite

The answer is much simpler then that.
    There is a light actor that makes the rotating searchlight type effect that works quite well.
    The problem is getting it to be in a off state till the switch is pulled.

4. Hourences

Hourences New Member

No staticmeshes in UE1.. Let alone dynamic shadows.

This has been a while but:
    Triggerlight > bInitialOn False
    Be sure to have dynamic light enabled in options of the game.

Mover > bDynamicLightMover True - alternatively set BrushRayTracyKey to 1, enable Brightcorners in surface properties, if all else fails, do use special lit.

5. DonJeffrey

DonJeffrey New Member

Oh this is ued 1 :p sorry