1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trekkers unite!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Gir, Feb 25, 2001.

1. Gir

Gir Offensive mode!

(Because I have a question:p)

Where can I find a good episode guide for ST: Voyager?

2. SimplyCosmic

SimplyCosmic ERGO. VIS A VIS. CONCORDANTLY.

Do you mean an "episode guide for Star Trek Voyager" that's good?

Or an "a guide of good Star Trek Voyager episodes"?

Because the second one is going to be an extremely short list. ;)

[​IMG]

3. Entropy|BuF

Entropy|BuF Telemundo

Voyager? eeeww, DS9 was the best. What's your question maybe that would be easier to find.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2001
  4. thewalkingman

thewalkingman ssssssssssss bugger!

Ds9 the best??

um then why did they bring in Worf to boost the show storyline?

Voyager rules......imo

5. Entropy|BuF

Entropy|BuF Telemundo

I didn't say TNG sucked did I.
    Why? 'cause they needed to boost the storyline, thats is what you call writing.

6. SimplyCosmic

You have to love a series in which the actors involved go on record in TVGuide saying that everything about the show is crap. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

7. icest0rm

icest0rm Ready for a cold one?

For a guide, check out http://www.episodeguides.com/voyager.htm
    I bet you can find more by just searching on Yahoo or Google.

I much prefer Voyager over DS9.

DS9 = space opera
    Voyager = space exploration

8. Entropy|BuF

Entropy|BuF Telemundo

Exploration as in find all the variations of humanoids with different noses? The main difference between DS9 and VGR is that one had a large cast of recurring characters. Voyager leaves them behind in a few weeks tops.
    Only a couple of more months to go.

9. Robo-Junkie

Robo-Junkie Ghost of Robo-Past

Bah
    TNG was & is still the best. DS9 is good though...

Go to ign.com's sci fi section
    detailed episode guide for a few of the seasons...

10. Gir

Gir Offensive mode!

My Startrek top3:

1.Voyager
    2.The next generation
    3.the original series

What, isn't DS9 on the list? Why OF COURSE not! the entire series suck beyond believe. The storyline is way too persistent. Most of the actors (except for a few) really do a terrible job, acting. And I'm really getting sick of all those cardassians and bajorans you see all the time.

11. Entropy|BuF

Entropy|BuF Telemundo

The Storyline being persistent is a bad thing?

12. Gir

Gir Offensive mode!

Read my lips, I said TOO persistent.

13. Vortex

Vortex My last status sucked

If anyone does this first I shall kill them!

[​IMG]

14. Danger_Dude

Danger_Dude New Member

ST series, IMHO...

3. DS9 - never got into it, bored me to tears
    2. Voyager - Kate Mulgrew has to have the MOST grating voice I've ever heard. Finger nails on a blackboard would be better.
    1. Toss-up, TOS or TNG. TOS was really hokey with the effects, but had some pretty intense storylines, especially considering the era in which it was made. TNG, well, Jean-Luc Picard, no more needs be said.

-------

Random ST thoughts:

• If Worf is such a badass Klingon warrior, how come he gets his ass kicked by every alien with an attitude that comes along. Seems like a wuss to me.
    • Voyager, and to a lesser extent TNG - how come the captain always seems to know more about the technical doohickeys than the geeks? Seems like every time Voyager is in a tough spot and everyone's struggling to come up with the solution, Janeway will waltz in and say "how about rigging up a reverse osmosis matrix fart-o-sphere?" and Bellana (sp?) or the Vulcan will immediately chirp about what a great solution that would be. Aren't they the technical experts? Shouldn't they be thinking this stuff up rather than the captain? Isn't that what Chief Engineers and Science Officers are for?
    • I wonder if Starfleet has a standard for planetary orbit - do you usually go left-to-right, or right-to-left? Or is this a captain's discretion sort of thing (after all, they get the big bucks for something, right?)
    • Why does everyone except the captain and select officers have to stand all the time when they're at work? Suppose Starfleet uses a Terran standard 24 hour clock when onboard; they could theoretically divide shifts into two 12 hour shifts, three 8 hour shifts, or four 6 hour shifts - I can't see it being any shorter, just because there is a limit on the number of people qualified for each job. Isn't 6 hours an awfully long time to have to stand around and watch the sensors or whatever? Presumably, the exciting and interesting stuff we get to see on the show is the exception rather than the rule - I'd be awfully grumpy if they made me stand around and stare at a screen for 6 hours straight! At least Starfleet could spring for some chairs!

That's all for now - anyone else got comments/observations?

15. thewalkingman

in the future people will be allot tougher!!!

16. icest0rm

icest0rm Ready for a cold one?

Yeah! What's up with that? Come to think of it, I never see Belana as a "chief engineer." She's more like a chief bitch with a very bad attitude problem.

You know a lot of things in the Star Trek world are messed up. For instance, it seems that on every episode of voyager, then meet an "alien" race that looks EXACTLY like us humans [with exception to a different forehead ridge every week] and they all talk english! Now how could an alien race that literally is billions of light years away evolve into exact human like features and talk fluent English? And don't give me that "universal translator" crap. I guess that's always been my pet peeve on Star Trek. oh well.

17. Entropy|BuF

Entropy|BuF Telemundo

There is a standard orbit. But there is no mention of what it actually is.
    Worf isn't bad ass, why do you think the other klingons didnt like him. He had to earn their respect.
    Janeway did do other things before being promoted to Captain. She was a science officer, hence explaining why she has technical knowledge.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2001
  18. SimplyCosmic

Wouldn't having a wuss for a Security Chief be a bad thing, then?

But then, Starfleet has never exactly struck me as a particularly fearful military organization.

[​IMG]

19. thewalkingman

please people put down the remote and walk outside!!!!

20. The_Dudester

The_Dudester Surfing the edge of underconfidence.

Um.
    Worf is bad ass.
    And he gets more bad ass in DS9 (where he actually does get to beat up lots of aliens, including the Jem'Haddar, who are supposed to be perfect warriors!)