1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trash the Desert Eagle !?!?

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by phatcat, Oct 5, 2001.

?

[b][size=6]Should we keep the Desert Eagle?!?![/size][/b]

1. [img]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/de-yes.jpg[/img]

51 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. [img]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/de-no.jpg[/img]

39 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. drkim

drkim Look Ma, I'm on Inf!

1911 con't

Yes,

I don't see any reason to remove the code for the existing DE and I certainly have nothing bad to say about the SOCOM.

Seeing as how there were complaints about the DE, a large caliber auto, and we are all looking for realism, and our maps range all over the world simulating various armed forces, I thought the most ubiquitous large round pistol would be the 1911:
    [​IMG]
    As far as the gentleman who asserts that:
    I'm sure that he's found that .45ACP rounds just bounce harmlessly off him.

Dr. Kim

[​IMG]

2. Streaks

Streaks Crunchings and munchings!

I like the DE just fine! PLEASE quit trying to drop the thing. It's not milspec only because it failed testing and didn't make production, oh, so now we have a pistol that stovepipes, at least it'll feed something other than goddam FMJ BALL rounds.

.45's penetrate just fine, the problem is they don't stay around long enough to do damage (i.e. it's hard to get one of those fat little bullets moving fast enough that they deform themselves inside a soft target and thus, do damage)

And please, do NOT mention paintball in the same breath as real weapons. I'm an avid paintballer sense '86 and cringe every time I see someone call them paintball "guns" they are paint marking devices. They do not fire projectiles, paintballs do not deform, explode or otherwise cause damage on impact. Their shell splits at the seam and spills the fill.

*gets off soap box*

Sorry for the preaching : ) but I love the sport!

oh, and dude, if your crying over paintballs hit'n you then you need to be hit by them a lot more : ) waaaaa waaaaa ; )

{LoD}Streaks[RM]|H|

3. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

I'd love to see some of this "fine" penetrating the .45 supposedly does, it moves too slow and the shape is completely useless for any form of decent penetration. If you want penetration you'd have to take a 9mm .40 or 10mm or well basically anything besides the .45

4. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

Streaks: When people say 'penetration', generally they're talking about through body armor.

.45ACP is endemically poor at piercing even soft armor, given it has the wrong shape and insufficient velocity to do so.

5. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

oh, how I love the 1911 :)

I would die a happy man if they put the 1911 in :D

6. Ranger .223

Ranger .223 Leadin the way

hey streaks, i dont appriciate your smart ass comments, i was joking when i said i needed the body armor for paintballin, i have been playing paintball for 4 years, and have the bruises(well not anymore) to prove it. it still hurts like hell wehn they dont explode tho. the desert eagle is great in inf i just would like to see a 1911, that would make my day, it's a great gun!

7. {LOD}WolfBear

{LOD}WolfBear Cannon Fodder

OK Fur I normally agree with most thing you say but yer on crack bud, the 45 will go through ya like SH!T through a goose, NO penetration? What are you nuts???? you got a 230 grain FMJ round ball moving just over 930 fps. (a 50 cal black powder buffallo rifle round moves at around 780 fps and drops buffallo at several hundred yards dont gimme slow is the only factor) As for soft body armour it is still got a HECK of a punch and will break ribs VERY easily unless it hits the trama plate, and then you are still knocked on your coon dog and bruised from yer tail to yer windpipe (ok slight overexaggeration on the bruise) As for the 1911A1 it is a great gun, every male in my family owns one the only thing we cannot agree on in the brand (Auto-Ord/Thompson is the best btw :D )

I agree it would be pointless though as much as I would like to see it, I want the MK23 socom more. . .

{LOD}WolfBear[RM]

If you are so positive about the 45 buy yerself a vest and let somebody shoot ya with a plain jain roundball 45 fmj, then yer family can invite me to the funeral. . . There is a reason the things have worked so well for so many years. . .

8. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

Now there's an unneccesary and idiotic comment if there ever was one.

Why don't you go buy a level 3a vest, and see whether you survive one of my 86-grain 9mm GECO BATs.

Want data on the .45 VS 9mm comparison? Then contact NIJ. But most importantly take your .45 evangelising idiocy elsewhere.

9. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

10. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

seen this :D

its in my palladium compendium to contemporay weapons
    its good to know the cold hard facts when you use real firearms in your RPGs.

"you got shot by a 9mm pointblank, you are dead"

[​IMG]
    (click for info)

11. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

Just to ask....

What exactly is a GECO BAT?

12. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

GECO Blitz Action Trauma.

A solid copper 'hollowpoint' bullet with a plastic ball in the hollow.

Ball falls out when fired giving you a lightweight, high velocity bullet with good penetration and tumbles on impact releasing all it's energy.

Good for shooting people, widscreens and car tires.

13. FiringAimlessly

FiringAimlessly NOT going to waste another minute on CS!

Impressive!

Anway, even though I'd rather see INF keep the DE for no rationally justifiable reason, I now present more fuel for the fire from the INF site itself...

:lol:

14. poaw

poaw You used to sleep easy at night.

And where in the INF manual or on the site does it say that this mod is portraying a Counter-Terrorist versus Terrorist scenario?

15. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

thank you shakken

16. jaunty

jaunty If you disagree with me, you're wrong.

And this is why we must have a .357sig. More power then the 9mm, better penetration than the .45. Glock 31 will do nicely, thanks :)

And why does everyone want a 1911 so badly when the SOCOM is already planned?

17. Iceman

Iceman Who Dares Wins

I may not like the .357sig cartridge much, but jaunty has a point....
    GLOCK...GLOCK...GLOCK...GLOCK...GLOCK...
    c'mon shak make warren put a Glock (preferably a 17 or 22 ;) ) in INF :) :D .

Iceman.

18. drkim

drkim Look Ma, I'm on Inf!

More info on the .45 ACP round

And in response to the interesting:

I can't really say it any better than this little article I found:

(emphasis mine)

I agree that it's nice to penetrate armour, and carve a nice wound channel, but in addition to hydrostatic shock, a .45 ACP 230-grain FMJ bullet penetrates 26" in ballistic gelatin (sans armour) and would leave a nice saucer sized exit.

Again, 1911 or SOCOM...!

Dr. Kim

[​IMG]

19. ShakKen

ShakKen Specops Spook

I know one case of a BNE agent getting shot twice with a .45. One in the leg and one in the left lung(lodging in spine) and still managed to hold his own through a firefight.

I also know that statistically that of the people shot by .45 ACP and 9mm parabellum. The percentage of the people that DIE after being shot by 9mm is more than double that of .45ACP.

That is what military forces want to hear.

And for a fact I know that American 9mm ammo is of suprisingly low quality. Even Israeli ball ammo produces better terminal results than the big names such as Remington and Winchester.

20. Nightmare

Nightmare Only human

Buy a box of 9mm, 123 grain, FMJ LAPUA.
    Load into a Browning HP-35 or any good-quality copy of it.
    Hope you never have to pull out that gun.