1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Two Factor Authentication is now available on BeyondUnreal Forums. To configure it, visit your Profile and look for the "Two Step Verification" option on the left side. We can send codes via email (may be slower) or you can set up any TOTP Authenticator app on your phone (Authy, Google Authenticator, etc) to deliver codes. It is highly recommended that you configure this to keep your account safe.

Trash the Desert Eagle !?!?

Discussion in 'New Version Suggestions' started by phatcat, Oct 5, 2001.

?

[b][size=6]Should we keep the Desert Eagle?!?![/size][/b]

1. [img]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/de-yes.jpg[/img]

51 vote(s)
    56.7%
  2. [img]http://phatcat.animedominion.com/de-no.jpg[/img]

39 vote(s)
    43.3%
  1. Ranger .223

Ranger .223 Leadin the way

yeah i like this, but a .50 slug, you got to be ****tin me! thats enuf to put a bigass hole in somthin! i mean a .50 slug is powerful, i havnt shot one...yet...but it can stop one? jeez i need some of that stuff, take it paintballin' cause thos things hurt!

2. Nightmare

Nightmare Only human

Think again, Ranger.223. A vest is really hot and uncomfortable
    if you´re moving. I wear a level IIA at work, and any movement
    beyond reasonably fast walking causes sweating. Not because
    I`m out of shape, but because the vest is trapping heat. Sure,
    if there`s ever someone shooting at me I`ll be happy to have it,
    but until then it`s a drag.

Paintballs could probably be stopped with less expensive means
    than armored vests?

3. Nightmare

Nightmare Only human

Hmm where did that "A" come from? It`s a level II, period.

4. Domino

Domino < Phoenix Rising >

DAMN Phatcat.... I leave you alone for 1 friggin minute and your trying to scrap the DE... I can't believe you :)

Keep the DE, I don't personally use it... I'm more of a 5-7 type of person, but keep it nonetheless.

5. Chronic

Chronic unƒuckwithable

I know, I left the forums, but I think I should still voice my opinion in the building of this mod. And, since I was the thrid DE pimper (after BrownCow and Browny Man), I have to defend the Dessert Bagle. Err, Desert Eagle.

If you don't like it, don't play with it. Do you people really go online, see a DE and think "OMG, that's not realistic! I can't stand it!"? IMO it balances the game. It's the only pistol you can snipe with past 100 yards (And it's DAMN accurate too)and it's the most powerful for quick take down of ememys. IMO, the DE fits in. I'm in favor of replacing it with some bigass .357 with all the same specs that is used by military, but since there seems to be none, leave the DE.

And all you realism freaks, remember: It's still a game! Goal of games: Entertainment. Entertainment = DE Pimping for some of us, so let us have our fun.

6. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

Yeah... I Li3k T3h R0cK3t LunCh34r!!!! InF 1S G4m3 S0 G1v3 M3 T3h R0cK3t LunCh34r!!!!!!11

:rolleyes: That is undoubtedly the most worthless reason i've heard for the DE. If you play the game just for the DE i'm sure the tac-ops community would be glad to have you if it is ever removed.

7. Chronic

Chronic unƒuckwithable

Fur, care to touch the rest of my post where valid reason were made for keeping the DE?

8. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

well looks like they wanna keep it :hmm:

thanks for you guy's opinions :D

9. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

when they took out the at4 they also took out health refils, jump boots, added the stamina system, and did alot of other shit many l33t players of the day dident like.
    the at4 could not stay in...
    just how would you place a weapon of such power in a game where you can chose your weapons from the start?
    its like choosing weather to quake with a machine gun, or a bfg

(I highly doubt weve seen the last of the at4, but im sure nothing like it is going to appear till the weapons system changes)

DE is similar in design to existing weapons
    DE is similar in power to existing weapons
    DE has its advantages and disadvantages, like existing weapons

And so far seems to have a longer record in military, civil, and police duties than some other guns up for inclusion into inf.

if you dont like getting capped with anything but a beretta, thats your problem.
    I prefer to have some variety.

10. Kuroshio Apocal

Kuroshio Apocal Sucka Free

What, my friend, are you smoking?!

11. RAZZ

RAZZ aka FURY13RT

the same shit you sold me :p

12. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

you shouldn't inject LSD and you know it

13. drkim

drkim Look Ma, I'm on Inf!

How about the 1911?

[​IMG]

Yes, that's right, the venerable 1911. Made in quite a few places all over the world (currently produced by Colt, Springfield Armory, Kimber, Para-Ordnance, Wilson Combat, Les Baer, Ed Brown, Caspian, STI, Robar, Auto-Ordnance, Strayer-Voight, Charles Daley, IAI, Llama..), seen in armies all over the place, even the sidearm of choice for FBI SWAT & LAPD SWAT.

This could be the "big sidearm" replacement for the DE.

As far as realism, it would not be out of place used by millitary OR terrorists.

And please, we can be violent in the field, let's be gentlemen (and ladies) in the forums, shall we..?

Dr Kim

[​IMG]<P>
    My thanks to the U.S. War Department Field Manual 23-35

Last edited: Oct 15, 2001
  14. phatcat

phatcat akward cat

ooo...

I want a 1911 :)
    thats my favorite pistol

15. shadowkil

shadowkil New Member

1911A1, awww yeah.

If I'm not mistaken, the U.S. forces were having problems with fine sand causing the M9's to jam during Operation Desert Storm. They brought out the 1911A1's, and everything was just peachy keen.

16. The_Fur

The_Fur Back in black

.45 has absolutely no penetration, so explain to me how a 7 round .45 pistol is going to be a equal replacement for a 9 round .357 pistol?

17. striderteen

striderteen New Member

I love the 1911, but it seems to be redundant since we're already going to get the SOCOM.

For .357 Magnum, I'd like the Mateba auto-revolver...in akimbo. I know you can't do it with automatics (perish the thought), but you CAN with revolvers and it gives you twelve shots to the DE's nine.

18. Elite_Soldier

Elite_Soldier -Malice-

Keep the DE in game

In all honesty, it is pretty pointless to take it out. As of now, it serves as a powerful filler for the gap of powerful handguns in this game. I personally almost always use this pistol rather than others.

Why? Because when I run out of ammo for my primary, I want to reach to a sidearm that will KILL the man in 1-2 shots, not 2-3, or even 1-4. I need power at my disposal. Thats why most officers and some troops prefer to carry .45 (even though they are bad for armor...). Stopping power, pure and simple.

Then again, I don't really like the chrome finish on the Desert Eagle at all. I would prefer if they would tint it black. Black would actually make the weapon look pretty cool :D

Or make it an option to switch between the colors. But fact standing, we need the DE. It will be useful for light body armour, and you can't really replace it with a SOCOM, as (I am guessing...) the SOCOM is far more expensive.

19. Ranger .223

i think that mateba pistol is pretty pimp tho. o btw, my old tag got lost or somthin and i couldnt find it... i came back and all this new management or whatever and said i wasnt registered or whatever, and here i am the same ol ranger with a badass attitude and likes to complain bout lag...

20. Ranger .223

o yeah "whatever" lol, the 1911 would be awesome, i prefer that over a socom, even the the socom is better in many forms, the 1911 is the granpappy of automatics, i mean look at it,it's a rectangle with a handle that puts holes in people, 'nuff said!